Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Getting wrinkles out?

I just bought a few game worn jerseys from MLB that had been stored in the team's closet for a few years. They're pretty badly wrinkled, they were just tossed in a box... A couple are double knit and the rest are cool base. They're all MLB holo'd, so I can't wash them or dry them.

Anybody have any thoughts on how to get the wrinkles out? I can tell they won't naturally work themselves out and I tried ironing one thru a towel but it didn't seem to make a difference. I held back a little as I didn't want to melt the jersey fabric or set the wrinkles.

I also tried the steam shower trick and it did nothing. The wrinkles are bad enough to detract from the display quality of the jerseys, so I'm determined to figure out a solution. Help appreciated!

Banned

Re: Getting wrinkles out?

Steam them out with a steamer

clothes steamer works great but be careful with the hologram (if there are any).

+1 on the steamer. Works very well, even on difficult wrinkles. Costco often has Rowenta, which is what I use.

What about flannels from the 1950's? Would you still use a steamer or not touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by emann View Post
    I just bought a few game worn jerseys from MLB that had been stored in the team's closet for a few years. They're pretty badly wrinkled, they were just tossed in a box... A couple are double knit and the rest are cool base. They're all MLB holo'd, so I can't wash them or dry them.

Anybody have any thoughts on how to get the wrinkles out? I can tell they won't naturally work themselves out and I tried ironing one thru a towel but it didn't seem to make a difference. I held back a little as I didn't want to melt the jersey fabric or set the wrinkles.

I also tried the steam shower trick and it did nothing. The wrinkles are bad enough to detract from the display quality of the jerseys, so I'm determined to figure out a solution. Help appreciated!
    I have washed a couple of GU double knit jerseys with the MLB Holo and I have not had any problems with the holo. I don't put them in the dryer.