Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Tom Brady GU jersey in NFL auction, $17,000 so far!!

Interesting question...Brady jersey's are desireable because there aren't many out there. Now we have seen at least 3 being sold in the last year. I'm not sure how many are in circulation now...? But I do know that they rarely change hands.

I guess you have to wonder how many years does Brady have left at QB? I would speculate that barring injury, he has at least 3-5 years left. At this rate, that could easily be another 10 Brady jerseys in circulation. And each time a jersey is purchased, that takes one more buyer out of the equation.

For some reason the Hunt Superbowl auction get some pretty fierce buyers...and if the Patriots are lucky enough to make the Superbowl this year, you might see the Brady currently available go for over $25k. I think that will have a lot to do with the next auction price.

But it will be interesting to keep an eye on...

And the Brady Jersey in the Hunt Superbowl auction last year sold for $46,000 ($40,000 final hammer plus 15% commission)

It was lot #1 b in the February 4-6th Auction.

Banned

I think last year's Brady SB auction price was an aberration. The auction ended the day before the Super Bowl and as we all recall Brady was going to play in the Super Bowl the very next day. I think as a result some bidders got carried away in the moment. It happens alot when a player is involved in something noteworthy. If Brady had won he would have tied Montana and Bradshaw for most wins ever by a QB in SB history.

I also think the beauty as a consignor to the Hunt auctions is the live aspect...That combined with people who can afford to spend the weekend at the SuperBowl, and some cocktails, makes for interesting bidding!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleraddict View Post
    Now as leagleeagle said, theres another on the super auction.
    I say high teens is the final bid. Unless Brady in the Superbowl then u may get a couple emotional fans bidding it up.

Guesses?
    Yes, I say $40k+...the Pats likely need to win in Denver, if you follow the chalk play outcome here, so no guarantee. But if they do make it, the Live Auction format at the Super Bowl site brings in a different level of collector with different tax brackets. Even if NE doesn't make it, I will stick with the over $40k prediction....

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    I also think the beauty as a consignor to the Hunt auctions is the live aspect...That combined with people who can afford to spend the weekend at the SuperBowl, and some cocktails, makes for interesting bidding!!
    Looks like I echoed your points...forgot about the cocktail variable though.

These are the most recent Brady Jerseys that I know of that have been available for sale or released to the public. They all came with impeccable provenance.

2009 Washed Legacy Jersey NFL Auctions SOLD $17,880

2009 International Series Jersey (a solid source states that it was given to Lou Lampson by his good Friend Bill Belichick)

2010 NFL Auctions Unwashed Jersey/Private Sale SOLD $27,000

2011 Hunt/NFL Auctions SOLD $46,000

2012 NFL Auctions SOLD $25,050

2012 Hunt/NFL International - Auction is Live.

A very reliable source told me that the Patriots presently have a minimum of 3-4 GU TB Jerseys that will be available for sale in the near future as part of a release of 3000+ other Team jerseys. They have been marketing them for the last few months to gauge level of interest. There will also be a few additional TB jerseys released that will be called GI, because they could not establish wear.

I'm assuming the Patriots will sell these Brady jerseys on their website?

You could compare the sale of Brady's gamers to the sale of Montana's back in the late 1980s- early 90s. The 49ers sold Montana's game worn jerseys from the 1988, 1989 and 1990 seasons and I am sure that collectors back then were concerned that prices would decline as his shirts "flooded the market"!

Try to find a legit one today! A photo matched Montana game worn jersey with Bronco Hinek LOA can run over 20K. Keep in mind that the team sold at least 10 shirts from each season and maybe more with the preseason (I have a preseason gamer with Hinek LOA) and the playoffs.

The number of Brady shirts sold by the Pats seems to be far less than the total number of Montana gamers sold just over the 1988-1990 time frame. Prior to 1988 a number of Montana gamers were also sold adding to the total number of legit Montana shirts out there. I assume the Patriots also sold a few Brady gamers prior to the 2009 season as at least one is pictured in the NFL thread. My feeling is that the number of Brady shirts sold prior to 2009 is far less than the number of pre-1988 Montana gamers sold but both are equally impossible to locate and purchase.

Even if the Patriots sell 10-15 additional Tom Brady game worn jerseys, I think that over time prices will remain high and stay that way. As stated earlier in the thread once certain jerseys are in collections they tend to stay that way. Even if the shirts are sold the sale is usually between two collectors and not on the open market. I can't remember the last time a Montana gamer with team LOA was sold at auction although MeiGrey did sell one via their website a number of years ago (sale price 21K).

Personally as a collector I buy what I like but occasionally I buy things that I think will always retain their value. HOF players like Montana, Rice and Brady will always command high prices. Even though there are a number of quality gamers out there, there are even more fakes thus further driving up the price of legit HOF shirts. It may seem like a large number of Brady gamers now but once retired, legit gamers will be few and far between (and just as expensive)!

Always buying 49er game worn jerseys and paying a finders fee.
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    You could compare the sale of Brady's gamers to the sale of Montana's back in the late 1980s- early 90s. The 49ers sold Montana's game worn jerseys from the 1988, 1989 and 1990 seasons and I am sure that collectors back then were concerned that prices would decline as his shirts "flooded the market"!

Try to find a legit one today! A photo matched Montana game worn jersey with Bronco Hinek LOA can run over 20K. Keep in mind that the team sold at least 10 shirts from each season and maybe more with the preseason (I have a preseason gamer with Hinek LOA) and the playoffs.

The number of Brady shirts sold by the Pats seems to be far less than the total number of Montana gamers sold just over the 1988-1990 time frame. Prior to 1988 a number of Montana gamers were also sold adding to the total number of legit Montana shirts out there. I assume the Patriots also sold a few Brady gamers prior to the 2009 season as at least one is pictured in the NFL thread. My feeling is that the number of Brady shirts sold prior to 2009 is far less than the number of pre-1988 Montana gamers sold but both are equally impossible to locate and purchase.

Even if the Patriots sell 10-15 additional Tom Brady game worn jerseys, I think that over time prices will remain high and stay that way. As stated earlier in the thread once certain jerseys are in collections they tend to stay that way. Even if the shirts are sold the sale is usually between two collectors and not on the open market. I can't remember the last time a Montana gamer with team LOA was sold at auction although MeiGrey did sell one via their website a number of years ago (sale price 21K).

Personally as a collector I buy what I like but occasionally I buy things that I think will always retain their value. HOF players like Montana, Rice and Brady will always command high prices. Even though there are a number of quality gamers out there, there are even more fakes thus further driving up the price of legit HOF shirts. It may seem like a large number of Brady gamers now but once retired, legit gamers will be few and far between (and just as expensive)!

Always buying 49er game worn jerseys and paying a finders fee.
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com
    What did they sell for then?