Tom Brady GU jersey in NFL auction, $17,000 so far!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mulligans
    • Dec 2009

Re: Tom Brady GU jersey in NFL auction, $17,000 so far!!

Originally posted by Lhaso
    I'm assuming the Patriots will sell these Brady jerseys on their website?
    I've spoken to them a few times and it appears that they don't really have a solid plan? The original plan was to offer the Jerseys through the Pats Website in a "non auction format", but I think they are now discussing offering the bigger names through NFL Auctions next year. They said that they are done releasing new inventory this year....not really sure why?

Comment

• Steeleraddict
      • Nov 2012

Absolutely, who makes the superbowl affects the price in that weekend auction. As a small consolation of the steelers not making it last year was that big bens and other Pitt players went for less than they normally would.
      I believe rothlisberger's 9/11 jersey went for around $9000 in hunts Superbowl auction last year. I've been to prev Pitt S.B.'s where my buddies woulda bid the world on Harrison, polamalu etc jerseys. They already spent thousands on the weekend so "what the heck?" "let's get a game used h ward jersey"

Comment

• marks01234
        • May 2012

Good to hear about more jersey's hitting the market.

I'll probably never own a HOF QB's GW jersey but they are certainly nice to look at.

Comment

• Steeleraddict
          • Nov 2012

Solarlottery, mulligans, et al
          Do u think the patriots or any team (green bay) would get more on their own site or nfl's site? Just list it for a higher number on their home site and eventually get their asking price.

Comment

• Steeleraddict
            • Nov 2012

Say Brady goes to the Superbowl. And hunt auctioning off his 3rd(?) legitimate jersey that weekend with rabid patriot fans present. How high does this on go for? I'm thinking low $30's. Thousand dollars that is. His first went for a total of 50k. Last one, 25k

Thoughts?

Comment

• Samets
              • Apr 2012

Won't matter now, no superbawl for the Pats...

As much as I would love to own a killer jersey like that, being a Bears only collector, there hasn't been a QB here worth over 10K in a very long time...

Comment

• Steeleraddict
                • Nov 2012

I agree. I think it's at 25,000 with a week to go. If I remember, the $50k jersey was a home jersey. If I were someone who had 50k to spend on a jersey, I def would spend at least 30k for an away jersey to display next to it.

Comment

• Steeleraddict
                  • Nov 2012

Re: Tom Brady GU jersey in NFL auction, UPDATE-.Rodgers..$30,000

As happyyoungster just posted Aaron Rodgers just went for somewhere over 29k. Lets call it $30000.

It was a home game used auction by NFL.com for provenance. How many of these are there out there? Certainly seems HOF qbs going for huge money.

Thoughts?

Comment

• jhunt28
                    • Oct 2008

I feel like such a dips&#t for selling my Rodgers for $7k...UGGGGGH

Comment

• Steeleraddict
                      • Nov 2012

Posted this in the other thread...

If u want my humble opinion, lately provenance direct from MLB, NBA and NFL has tremendous or at least some value. With the discussion about D.C. Sports, J.O. Sports and various auction houses. Some LOA's are now certainly suspect.
                      In this arena reputation is everything.
                      I for one have steered to as ironclad provenance as I can get. Can't even trust certain NFL players word. Maybe another Greenbay QB not named Rodgers?

Comment

• nickacs
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Steeleraddict
                        Posted this in the other thread...

If u want my humble opinion, lately provenance direct from MLB, NBA and NFL has tremendous or at least some value. With the discussion about D.C. Sports, J.O. Sports and various auction houses. Some LOA's are now certainly suspect.
                        I agree 100%. Someone posted, I think, in the Paragon Auction pickup thread today on how some NFL HOF caliber jerseys went for so low and other auction sites they go for thousands. That's why I like, in particular, Goldin Auctions because a lot of the MLB stuff is MLB authenticated. And yea, like a Jerry Rice jersey, if it has the "Bronco tape" and maybe even LOA on SF office stationary, I'll buy that any day over an Ebay/auction house Rice with nothing to back up it's authenticity.

Comment

• jhunt28
                          • Oct 2008

Here we go...the first TB jersey that I have seen this year up for auction...should be interesting to see how much this goes for?

Comment

• Steeleraddict
                            • Nov 2012

Another Brady jersey on NFL auction this nov 2013... Went for $30500. When's the insanity end? Although I'd pay that much for a lambert jersey or helmet

Comment

• jhunt28
                              • Oct 2008

I believe NFL Auctions always commands a premium, whether people are looking to donate to charitable causes, or prefer the NFL COA's? Brady jerseys are hard to find, and most collectors don't part with them often. I really think the Hunt Auction price of $46,000 a few years back skewed the market, and gives buyers comfort in the fact that the $30,000 range seems reasonable? I think buyers view the "high end" market like real estate, and look for current comps. The lack of supply in the Brady market still seems to easily command $25-$30k per jersey.

I think the Walter Payton helmet in AMI will provide a new record price for a helmet, or near record price...this should set the market for equivalent helmets of HOF players in high demand, who have very scarce supply floating around the market.

Comment

Working...