Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kobe Bryant 1999-00 Game Used Jersey

Hey everyone, thank you for reading this post. One of my good friends recently purchased a Kobe Bryant Game Used Lakers jersey from the 1999-00 year. He got a great deal on it, which made me a bit skeptical at first, but I checked out other game used Kobe jerseys and at the very least, it is an authentic on-court jersey. It also has the 1999-00 tag inside it. Does anyone have any insight into this? If it is not real, he has the opportunity to return it for a full refund. If it is, he made a heck of a buy.

If more specific pictures are needed of any area please let me know and thank you for your comments in advance.

Re: Kobe Bryant 1999-00 Game Used Jersey

I guess it's too tough to tell?

It is missing the memorial band on the left shoulder in recognition of the Big Dipper's passing.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    It is missing the memorial band on the left shoulder in recognition of the Big Dipper's passing.
    That's a good call - what kind of jersey do you think it is? Do you think it's just a store bought jersey (although the on-court variety?) Or did he wear any jerseys that year without the armband (doesn't look like it from photos).

Quote Originally Posted by capnsteve2 View Post
    That's a good call - what kind of jersey do you think it is? Do you think it's just a store bought jersey (although the on-court variety?) Or did he wear any jerseys that year without the armband (doesn't look like it from photos).
    It's a pro-cut; not game issued or game worn. The Lakers did not wear any jerseys that season without the Wilt band. You're welcome.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    It's a pro-cut; not game issued or game worn. The Lakers did not wear any jerseys that season without the Wilt band. You're welcome.
    Thanks!

Thanks for your help here with this jersey. My friend returned it for a full refund, and your advice helped save him $275 on an item which was not game used.

$275 for a Kobe GW jersey? That alone didn't set off some red flags??

Ken

I was not the one who purchased it, so I can't speak to that. I do know that the seller had generally been good to my friend in the past, and was always up-front about providing a full refund for any reason (which he honored).

if the sig is good its a nice deal even for a pro cut jersey