Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jtorrez
    • Jun 2009

Re: My Game Used Jersey, Hat, Glove & Bat Collection

I guess the Padres like to drag along players who are on the DL with them for he ride. Every other MLB team that has a player injured during Spring Training do not take the players along they usually leave them in the minor league camp so that they can rehab and exercise as is deemed fit by the team medical staff.

Sorry but I find it hard to believe that the Padres or any other team would take a player who is injured out of camp and dress him for Sunday home games. Especially a player who was a minor league call up the year before and did not play in most of Spring Training because he was injured. You would think that if he was that valuable to the team that they wanted him around the dugout that they would have not released him the first chance they got after he was off the DL.

I also assume that since he was just sitting in the dugout that he did not need to have his uniform washed. The tags on that jersey have never seen a washing machine.

Comment

• dylanharr
      • May 2010

Nice stuff, Steve. Love the Adams glove!

Comment

• esquiresports
        • Mar 2012

Love the Padres stuff. It's nice to see a pretty active game-used community in SoCal, especially when it comes to the Padres. It's a really nice collection already. It's not all about quantity. I only have four jerseys, but love each of them and only have room to display four or five.

Comment

• capnsteve2
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by esquiresports
          Love the Padres stuff. It's nice to see a pretty active game-used community in SoCal, especially when it comes to the Padres. It's a really nice collection already. It's not all about quantity. I only have four jerseys, but love each of them and only have room to display four or five.
          Thanks a lot...I only display the hats and gloves right now. Due to my autographed jersey collection, I don't have room to display these gamers. I already have 18 signed jerseys displayed in my office / man cave and have run out of room. Someday though, I do hope to expand it...

Comment

• capnsteve2
            • Jan 2013

I completely forgot that I had this item as well.

2010 Jon Garland Padres Away Gamer, purchased directly from the Padres. I'd love to get it signed someday, but Jon has kinda fallen off the map.

Comment

• EricTheRed44
              • Jan 2012

Nice collection. Not sure if you've posted your office/man cave, but you should post some photos.

Comment

• capnsteve2
                • Jan 2013

It's nothing too crazy, but here are some pics. Other than the items I listed at the start of this thread, nothing is game used. I have a lot that I can't display and didn't show everything, but this is the most of it.

Chipper Jersey, Posey Jersey (1st ASG), Gwynn Jersey, Halladay Jersey, all IP

Above those are my mini helmets

The basketball is a 2010-11 SDSU Team ball (Kawhi Leonard is on it)

Then a baseball display case

Mini Helmets (secured by an earthquake wire, had a couple die)

Behind my desk

Another jersey wall

Collection of all living baseball HOFers on single-signed baseballs, with many deceased as well as many future, plus guys I consider "stars."

Some more jerseys, the bottom one is off getting frame upgrades, but it's a Braun jersey with his ROY inscription.

Yankees ticket is signed by Mo, $50 bill by Mary Ellen Withrow

Comment

• dylanharr
                  • May 2010

Very nice!

Comment

• capnsteve2
                    • Jan 2013

Here's another item I forgot I had, an Adam Kennedy bat, given to me by him directly when he was with the Angels.

Comment

Working...