Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My Game Used Jersey, Hat, Glove & Bat Collection

Not tons of stuff but this is the beginnings of my game used / issued collection. I know it pales in comparison to most on here but it's a start. My autograph collection is extensive, but I really just started getting into the game used items. Thanks for looking, and enjoy.

Ted Simmons Game Worn 2010 Padres Throwback Jersey. Purchased directly from the Padres; got Ted to sign it in Spring Training 2011 (wasn't easy!).

Mike Adams BP Jersey, purchased from the Padres and signed in Spring.

Mike Baxter Marine Digital Camo Jersey, received directly from the Padres, signed this year when he was with the Mets.

Joey Votto Batting Glove, thrown over the dugout before a game. Signed in spring training (he signed it horribly, pen kinda gave out).

Jason Bartlett Game Used Retro Hat, purchased from Padres and MLB Authenticated

Mike Adams Game Used Retro Hat, purchased from Padres and MLB Authenticated

Cory Luebke Game Used Retro Hat, purchased from Padres and MLB Authenticated

Cory Luebke Spring Training St. Patty's Day Game Hat, received from Cory

Bobby Abreu Issued Bats - won them in a contest directly from Abreu's agent

Mike Adams Game Used Glove - given to me directly.

Re: My Game Used Jersey, Hat, Glove & Bat Collection

Heath Bell Game Used Glove - given to me directly.

Great start, those are all very cool items! Love the "Irish Padre" hat!

That is a nice Baxter jersey but having it signed "Game Used" ruins it considering he was with the Mets during the 2011 season and did not play for the Padres. That jersey is a team issued jersey not a game used jersey. Baxter only played for the Padres in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by jtorrez View Post
    That is a nice Baxter jersey but having it signed "Game Used" ruins it considering he was with the Mets during the 2011 season and did not play for the Padres. That jersey is a team issued jersey not a game used jersey. Baxter only played for the Padres in 2010.
    Well, that's not true, Baxter was on the Padres in 2011 just on the DL. He was injured on 3/28 and placed on the Disabled List (was even on the DL for opening day).

Baxter begain his Mets career when he was selected off waivers on July 22nd by the Mets; however, he was with the Padres from the beginning of the season until he began his rehab assignment. He was in the dugout with the team during his time on the DL, and wore the jersey (I saw him do it!), although he didn't take the field. I suppose "Game Worn" may have been a more appropriate inscription but I think it hardly ruins it.

Quote Originally Posted by capnsteve2 View Post
    Well, that's not true, Baxter was on the Padres in 2011 just on the DL. He was injured on 3/28 and placed on the Disabled List (was even on the DL for opening day).

Baxter begain his Mets career when he was selected off waivers on July 22nd by the Mets; however, he was with the Padres from the beginning of the season until he began his rehab assignment. He was in the dugout with the team during his time on the DL, and wore the jersey (I saw him do it!), although he didn't take the field. I suppose "Game Worn" may have been a more appropriate inscription but I think it hardly ruins it.
    Baxter was not on he active roster for the Padres and did not appear in any game during the 2011 for the Padres, how can he have a game used jersey if he was not on the active roster or played in any games?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...axtemi01.shtml
    link confirms what he is saying above.
    these were used on sunday home games correct?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

do you remember the date he was on the bench? wouldnt he have to go on rehab (back to the minors) when on the DL. it had to be early in the season to have seen him on the bench and make this jersey desirable to you.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...axtemi01.shtml
    link confirms what he is saying above.
    these were used on sunday home games correct?
    Yep, you got it!

As I said, he was on the 60 day DL. Jerseys are still issued to players and they still go to team events / go to games to be with the team. Sometimes they will even travel.

These jerseys were worn Sundays as part of the Padres Salute to the Armed Forces.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    do you remember the date he was on the bench? wouldnt he have to go on rehab (back to the minors) when on the DL. it had to be early in the season to have seen him on the bench and make this jersey desirable to you.
    Rehab assignments are generally started when a player is fairly close (1 - 2 weeks) from getting back to active duty. Thus his rehab assignment would not have been started until probably June (maybe late May). That's two full months with the team.