Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Syracuse Chiefs Jerseys-Help Indentifying Players?

Thanks to Chris as I was able to help get the jersey back to Jack Baker who wore the jersey in 1978 for the Syracuse Chiefs. His brother will be giving the jersey back to Jack for Christmas. The family is much appreciative.

Please don't hesitate in working with Chris (cjw) on any transactions (buying or selling) as he was wonderful to deal with and very professional.

Thanks again.
    Brad

Hi Brad...hope that you see this. Any chance that you could speak to Jack with regards to the 1978 programs I sent along with the jersey? I found another 1978 Syracuse gamer (a home white) with # 11, and I wanted to see if the programs identified the player? Thanks!
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Chris:

I saw your post. I sent a message to his brother. Jack is currently out of town but his brother will check with him when he gets back.

Thanks,
    Brad

thanks Brad!

chris@pacmedia.ca

Chris:

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. Jack was out of town a little longer than I expected. I heard from Jack's brother Bob this morning.

He said Jack checked both roster inserts that you sent him and neither one had a player listed who wore #11. Bob did say that Jack did not join Syracuse in 1978 until the last part of June. So it would be possible that the jersey was worn by a player before he arrived but perhaps not later in the year while Jack was with the team.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Thanks,
    Brad

Thanks Brad! I appreciate the assistance. have a great weekend sir! chris

chris@pacmedia.ca

I rec'd a 1978 program from ebay today and the insert listed a pitcher, Jeff Byrd as #11 that year. He didn't have the best time at AAA, going 0-3 in 7 games with a 8.13 era. No better than his stint in the Show with innaugral year Jays (1977) - as he went 2-13 in 17 games. Oh, well...nice jersey and it may be as close as I get to a 1977 jays gamer.

chris@pacmedia.ca

Banned

Hi,
    Does anyone know what number Danny Ainge wore in 1979 or able to contact someone that would? I know that he wore #2 on the Blue Jays but all of his cards and pics i could find did not list his jersey number. I came in contact with someone who claims to have a 1979 game worn jersey of his (not #2) but want to make sure the #is correct before buying. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks