Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stubbs

Stubbs

With Drew Stubbs getting progressively worse each season, and now in Cleveland, do you expect a drop in prices for his GU items?

I always felt his stuff was overpriced in the past. I chalked it up to dedicated Reds collectors and his hype as a prospect and collegiate stardom.

Just wondering. Thanks.

Re: Stubbs

I don't know how market value prices on Stubbs were, but it would surprise me if it were generally high. He presents as a good guy and he was blessed not only with talent but an appearance that may always net him the benefit of the doubt with an array of fans. Moms and female fans of all ages do matter to a player's overall popularity.

I actually think Drew's career will turn out well. He'll benefit baseball-wise from a change of scenery (fans among other things). But I tend to think that as far as pricing, whether a guy hits 200 or 260 there isn't too much difference. In Cincinnati he was somewhat embraced for broader reasons (approachable with fans, defense, team play) and folks (myself included) still generally wish him very well in his future. I'd think they'll primarily want his Cleveland Indians bats, jerseys, etc... once they are endeared to him. But I do think Cleveland Indians fans will embrace him.

You make some good points. Thanks.

I wish Stubbs well... but he was frustrating to watch at the plate! So much talent, he could be an MVP type of player if he could put it all together. The strikeouts were hard to watch though. If only they had a designated fielder position. Good luck collecting Stubbs.

I enjoyed him as a player and I'm always partial to centerfielders.

As a person that follows Reds stuff closely, I don't really think that his stuff was ever that overpriced but at the same time I think that demand will go up a bit in the coming months and that's only if Indians fans drive up prices because they want stuff from the "new guy."

That being said, do any Cleveland fans want to buy a bat? Uncracked and signed from 2008 for only $125 shipped (See what I did there? )
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Just in case anyone ever wants any Stubbs items please hit me up.

I was known as the Stubbs guy with the Reds game used authentics.

11 bats (more specifically 2010 Mother's Day bat, 2011 Opening day HR bat, walkoff HR vs Braves bat, 125th anniv rare rookie bat, and others), 2 jerseys, 1 ST jersey, cleats, 2 pairs of batting gloves, and many many more items.

I also had been in talks for his NLDS jerseys.

A fielding glove would be cool, but I've seen them priced pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by simmo2332 View Post
    Just in case anyone ever wants any Stubbs items please hit me up.

I was known as the Stubbs guy with the Reds game used authentics.

11 bats (more specifically 2010 Mother's Day bat, 2011 Opening day HR bat, walkoff HR vs Braves bat, 125th anniv rare rookie bat, and others), 2 jerseys, 1 ST jersey, cleats, 2 pairs of batting gloves, and many many more items.

I also had been in talks for his NLDS jerseys.

Adam

You got some neat ones... us Reds fans are probably all less focused/ attached to the items we have than we were when he was with the club. That's not to say we'll forget the better moments, including those we memorialized with our collections.

My son has the bat (signed and inscribed very nicely) that he used to hit 2 HRs in a single game. Also an enlarged licensed photo (with a clear match) purchased through a licensed provider. Your 2011 opener HR bat would probably mean more to him though, as he was at the game.... If you'd entertain a convenient trade, shoot me an e-mail.

If a convenient Stubbs/Stubbs trade interests you, but you are interested in having something(s) other than a bat, I do have some nice signed inscribed game used balls (a steal, a 3 RBI double). Both are inscribed very nicely.

plettner@fuse.net

Quote Originally Posted by dplettn View Post
    Adam

You got some neat ones... us Reds fans are probably all less focused/ attached to the items we have than we were when he was with the club. That's not to say we'll forget the better moments, including those we memorialized with our collections.

My son has the bat (signed and inscribed very nicely) that he used to hit 2 HRs in a single game. Also an enlarged licensed photo (with a clear match) purchased through a licensed provider. Your 2011 opener HR bat would probably mean more to him though, as he was at the game.... If you'd entertain a convenient trade, shoot me an e-mail.

If a convenient Stubbs/Stubbs trade interests you, but you are interested in having something(s) other than a bat, I do have some nice signed inscribed game used balls (a steal, a 3 RBI double). Both are inscribed very nicely.

plettner@fuse.net
    Interested as to which multi-homer game bat you have? Thought there was only 1 game he did that in this season (vs. Atl) and I have that bat which was handed to me directly by Drew.

-Josh