Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

New Member Braves Ernesto Mejia Bat Question

Im a new member and a giant Atlanta Braves fan. Ive been collecting autographs for about 5 years. Ive only been collecting game used items for about 2 or 3 years and ive only been real serious about it for about the last year.

I recently aquired and Ernesto Mejia bat and I found it to be a little odd. Its a Louisville Slugger m9. The knob is stamped with the date 01/19/12 and the size and weight 34.0/32.5. The only thing that looks to be stamped on the barrel is I13 and the rest looks to be witten by an Ink pen. Would a minor league player get a bat with nothing stamped on the barrel?

Thanks
    Dustin
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: New Member Braves Ernesto Mejia Bat Question

I worked for the team that Mejia played for in 2012 as a photographer and paid a lot of attention to his equipment. Mejia used Louisville Slugger all season but I never saw any like the one you have. He did have a few batches with his name on the barrel (blonde & black) and a lot of black Pro Stock bats too. If you can post a few more photos of the bat, I can check through my photos to see if I can find a match (unless it was already used in Spring Training).

Also, after taking another look at the photo you posted, it looks like the name may have worn off on the barrel and Mejia used a pen to fill it back in because I notice the lines are very straight and the same font on LS bats.

I kind of woundered the same thing but I wasnt sure if Ernesto re did it or someone else it.Where genuine is wrote its not real consistantin in size but the rest is kind of close. I also have a question. Since you worked for Gwinnett when they release the roster do you think I could order some 8x10's from you of some current players or do you have a source I could go to?

Heres more pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images