Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Listing of Lou Lampson Mistakes

I would like to comprise a listing from everyone that list the items that Lou Lampson has signed off on that people have investigated and found to be fraudulent or wrong. I would like everyone to add their proof to substantiate their facts and when & where it was purchased or auctioned. If you have a link to the auction or pictures please post them.

[content removed]

I will start with an item that was in the Mastro October 26, 2006 auction.
    It was Lot #696, Darrell Griffith University of Louisville Game Used Jersey.
    Lou Lampson signed off on this jersey as being game worn by Griffith in the late 1970's due to the manufacturing tagging on the jersey. Lou failed to look to see if the jersey was even consistent with the jersey the team wore in that time period. The color of the numbers and lettering were wrong, as they never wore white letters or numbering during that time period. He also failed to notice that Louisville wore only knit jerseys at that time and not the mesh like what was in the auction. Just about 15 minutes of research by Lou could have shown him that this is not an authentic Darrell Griffith jersey. I even forwarded him with an email from the University of Louisville athletic department who spoke with Darrell Griffith about the jersery being wrong but Lou still stands by his LOA. You can plainly see in the picture with Griffith that the jersey is not mesh.

http://www.mastronet.com/index.cfm?a...7&CurrentRow=1
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Listing of Lou Lampson Mistakes

Great idea. With many new members here like myself, I'd like to see some of things with his COA that are sketchy. Is he the one who authenticated the Cal Ripken St. Patricks day Orioles game worn jersey. That the Orioles never even used?

I've seen a few Erving items (with Lampson COA) that seem questionable, IMO. But to come right out and call them mistakes wouldn't be fair, because I don't have a photo archive of every game in which Dr. J. played.

Now if you started a "Hey Lou, How 'Bout Some Visual Evidence That Supports Your COA" thread, you may see the floodgates open.

Please see the thread on the Kellen Winslow helmet with the backwards lightning bolts
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...hlight=winslow
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Lot#166, AMI auction, October 19, 2006.
    Lampson incorrectly authenticated a early 70s University of Cincinnati Bearcats NCAA warm up as being from the Cincinnati Royals of the NBA. The Royals have always worn red, white and blue. The UC Bearcats: red, white and black. "Identification" is most times easier than "authentication".

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Lot#166, AMI auction, October 19, 2006.
    Lampson incorrectly authenticated a early 70s University of Cincinnati Bearcats NCAA warm up as being from the Cincinnati Royals of the NBA. The Royals have always worn red, white and blue. The UC Bearcats: red, white and black. "Identification" is most times easier than "authentication".
    At least he didn't mistake it for Curley "Boo" Johnson of the Harlem Globetrotters!!!!

is there no limit to lou's expertise?

Madonna's Lace Panties
    7/31/2003
    Black lace thong signed in white "Love Madonna."

rudy.

http://www.100percentauthentic.com/C...rchStr=madonna#

Rudy - That is too funny. Were they certified "concert used" or "recording studio used" by Mr. Lampson????? I think concert used thongs have a special wash tag code.

Andrew

Rudy:

Classic stuff! I figure there has to be a Warren/BTPH addendum not far behind.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    I figure there has to be a Warren/BTPH addendum not far behind.
    Sorry Reid. Wouldn't touch it...