Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hello. I'm new here.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Jessica, and I am a big sports fan (mainly Alabama football and Atlanta Braves baseball). I recently started collecting a couple game used items. I also love getting autographs.

I have a question about markers for autographs. Can I ask here or do I need to ask in the autograph forum?

Re: Hello. I'm new here.

Welcome.
    Ask away?

Sorry. I meant, ask away!
    Congrats on the win. Too bad wasnt a very good game

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleraddict View Post
    Sorry. I meant, ask away!
    Congrats on the win. Too bad wasnt a very good game

Thank you. I very much enjoyed the game.

I'm getting a football autographed (the kind with white panels that are strictly for autographs). I've always used sharpies, but I've read where paint markers would be better. What is the best brand? I've heard Decocolor, but my local store didn't have them. I bought a paint marker that is made by the same company, but it is called Duct Tape marker. It is an oil based marker. I've used Prismacolor on color, but they didn't have a broad tip black one.

Jessica, I would try to stay away from White Panel footballs. Over time they tend to fade, I would go with an actual football and use a silver paint pen or nicer silver sharpie. If you do go with the white panel the best Idea is to go black sharpie (thick). If you use a paint pen sometimes it will take a long time to dry and the slightest touch with smear it.

I collect many autos and also help with some sports shows.

I prefer photos or mini helmets personally but a normal football also looks great in silver.

I hope this helps!

I've been afraid of them fading, but the footballs are commemorative footballs from each of the national championship seasons. I don't know what other to get to have the players sign. If I decide to go with paint markers, will they do fine as long as I let them dry good? I've used them on mini helmets and prints (Prismacolor metallic silver), and the autos are sharp. Never tried them on footballs.

Jessica already gets more responses to her posts than I ever do!

Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    Jessica already gets more responses to her posts than I ever do!

Haha. It must be a girl thing.

Also, what is best to use on mini helmets that need black ink instead of silver? Like my pink breast cancer awareness helmets that I am wanting to get signed? Like I mentioned I've used Prismacolor silver, but didn't see a black ink in the same.

Here is on of my game used items. My Martin Prado game used and autographed jersey from the Jerseys Off Our Back auction. http://s1244.photobucket.com/albums/...9e0b1cf50.jpg][IMG]http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg568/jessica4bama/th_14ddd3f518aa162c76c25589e0b1cf50.jpg