Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What else do you collect?

I have a small baseball card collection, mostly signed and game used cards. I have a year book from almost every Mets season. I have collected a good number of WWE signatures on my two championship belts. I also have a coin collection mostly of US silver proof sets and Australian gold coins.

Cool Re: What else do you collect?

I collect Mariners primarily, so anything that has to do with the team, I like. I have thousands of M's cards and I also collect autographs, 8x10 photos, posters, magazines, team yearbooks, calendars, media guides, etc.

I've started to collect certified celebrity autos, mostly the ones on trading cards. Also some of the 1/1 sketch cards from various products.

I too made the splash into the movie worn memorabilia last year, the first 2 purchases were sports related movies but I'll branch out to other genres later this year.
    Always looking for Seattle Mariners & anything of Felix Hernandez, Jay Buhner, Richie Sexson and Arthur Rhodes.

-Jeremy Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by 64SHEA View Post
    I have collected a good number of WWE signatures on my two championship belts.
    I've not really done any collecting in the pro wrestling area, but I think it would be fascinating and great fun to do so. If I ever had the time and funds to get into something like that, I would focus on the older - maybe '70s and earlier - wrestlers. The ones I remember watching on t.v. when I was a kid: Wilbur Snyder (would any pro wrestler today even be given a shot with a name like "Wilbur"?), Dick the Bruiser, Ernie Ladd, Prince Pullins, Mad Dog Vachon, those guys. I'd guess that it would be next to impossible to find genuine, authenticated "ring-worn" memorabilia from those guys, but it would be a lot of fun to try. (I cringed when the Mickey Rourke character in The Wrestler threw his bloody, torn wrestling costume into the hospital room trash. You know somebody, in real life, must have fished it out!)

Speaking of The Wrestler, that haunting scene of Randy and the other old wrestlers - canes, walkers, colostomy bags and all - sitting at tables waiting for somebody to pay a few bucks for a photo or autograph - incredibly sad. One would hope that life hasn't treated all the old pros so shabbily.

Are those replica belts, by the way? I'm sort of assuming that if they were somebody's actual belts, you wouldn't be getting other wrestlers to sign them.

I'm only 22 so I haven't seen most of those guys. WWE did have an auction site where they would auction ring used item but they closed it two years ago for some reason. The belts are about as close to the real thing as you can get without spendiing $3000. http://www.ajsbelts.com/beltpagprogradenew.htm

Those are some beautiful belts. I wonder how often the real thing comes on the market, either pro wrestling or boxing. I think I remember reading that Leon Spinks sold all his "hardware" years ago. I'll bet a lot of the really old belts are stuck up in somebody's attic or in a storage locker somewhere.