Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What else do you collect?

I was curious if anyone collected anything else besides sports items?

Lately ive been looking at getting into movie worn (i guess its called screen worn) collecting and when i was little I collected coins, which i still continue doing just not as much.

So how about you?

Re: What else do you collect?

Being an artist, and an introverted kid who read comic books I also collect action figures. Not hardcore like I used to in college, but I still buy them as something to keep me busy in between game worn items from time to time. I mostly collect comic book themed or now a days the movie version of the characters associated with the films.

I collect baseball cards and have close to 400 thousand cards
    I also have some screen worn items
    and I also collect cars. My wife and I have a 1971 Mach 1,a 1989 Thunderbird Supercoupe, a 2002 Mustang GT, and 2010 Nissan GTR, and 2011 Chevy Suburban, a 2011 Suzuki Hayabusa, 2011 Ford Raptor that I sent to Hennessey for their 600HP supercharged package. a 2012 Mustang Shelby GT500 and a 2013 Polars rZr that was custom built by Dragonfire

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandAsFan View Post
    I collect baseball cards and have close to 400 thousand cards
    I also have some screen worn items
    and I also collect cars. My wife and I have a 1971 Mach 1,a 1989 Thunderbird Supercoupe, a 2002 Mustang GT, and 2010 Nissan GTR, and 2011 Chevy Suburban, a 2011 Suzuki Hayabusa, 2011 Ford Raptor that I sent to Hennessey for their 600HP supercharged package. a 2012 Mustang Shelby GT500 and a 2013 Polars rZr that was custom built by Dragonfire
    wow a mach 1, those things are sick

I'm also a horror nut, specifically Friday the 13th, and collect custom made screen accurate hockey masks that I bring to various horror conventions to get signed by the men behind the mask. Actually goin to a show in march to meet a few "Jason's" and the cast of The Walking Dead.

I have over 800 football cards of University of Hawaii alumni players including certified autographs from the card companies. I also collect certified autographs of players who played against Hawaii. These cards have to show them in their college uniforms. My collection includes Steve Young; Jim McMahon; Marshall Faulk; LaDainian Tomlinson; Ben Roethlisberger; and Tim Tebow.

I also have a small movie memorabilia collection:
    Vest worn by one of the Cleaners in Underworld 2. The actor use to play in the Canadian Football League
    Helmet and shield from First Knight
    Helmet from We Were Soldiers
    Shane Falco jersey worn by Keanu Reeves in The Replacements (screen match with dirt stains)
    Vest from A Knights Tale
    Permian football jersey #4 Chavez with Captains C from the movie Friday Night Lights

Game-used is my primary love and what I do most actively, but I also collect other Baseball stuff - cards, photos, posters, etc. I was into collecting old Baseball medals for awhile, and accumulated enough to fill a large shadow box, but I sort of lost interest in that.

I also collect movie and t.v. props, whenever something strikes my fancy and I happen to have the money to buy it simultaneously. Some sports-related, some not.

I also continue to collect certain comics, a hobby that goes back fifty years for me. Awhile back, I took my copies of the first issues of the Avengers and X-Men in to show a friend who owns a comic store, and one of his employees asked how much I'd paid for them; I told him, "Twelve cents". (Not everybody's mom tossed their comics when they left home.)

My other collecting interest are non-sport autographs from the card companies. My collection includes:
    Angelina Jolie (Tomb Raider)
    Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter)
    Tobey Macguire (Spiderman)
    All nine actors that made up the Fellowship of the Ring from Lord of the Rings
    Charlton Heston (Planet if the Apes)
    James Earl Jones (Star Wars)
    Several actors from The Walking Dead including Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus
    Kate Austen and Yunjin Kim from Lost
    Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man)
    Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart (X-Men)

I also collect Macfarlane football pieces to customize into Hawaii players. Some of the ones I recently made are posted in Show Me Your NFL.

Besides collecting game used items, I like going to Victory Field and getting Autographs from the Gwinnett Braves when they are in town. Ive gotten Freddie Freeman, Jason Heyward, Cory Gearin and Jose Constanzas autographs there. Plus i like trying my luck at MAjor League games too. I usually get 8x10s and oml balls signed.

Im also trying to collect autographs from the cast member from M*A*S*H. I also collect guns and some old WWII era German coins. Ive got serval Kyle Busch cars autographed a few hats and pictures and some sheetmetal .

Im currenlty starting to collect coin script that the Stearns Coal and Lumber company paid theyre Employees. My great grand fathers worked there so I think thats a neat thing to collect. Ive got a few signed cds and then ive got my racecar so im always looking for somthing it keeps me busy.

Talking Re: What else do you collect?

I collect baseball heavily, but I definitely indulge my obsession with squirrels. I have a huge collection of squirrel photographs, many stuffed animals and puppets, figurines, sculptures - you name it. My favorite piece is my 20.5 inch high ceramic squirrel sculpture, which I got my Mom to buy for me for my college graduation:

My other favorite is this one:

I got the latter sculpture this past fall and enjoy it immensely. These two pieces rival my baseball memorabilia as my favorite things I own.

I even have a plush tree for all of my stuffed animals, but it's in storage, as I currently have no place to display it.

I also have a ton of books and have dabbled in political memorabilia and Americana.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408