Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: #22 Daniel Sedin: 2011 G/U Stanley Cup Finals Road Jersey~Framed Double Sided

Quote Originally Posted by 5toolplayer View Post
    There is no stretch at all on this jersey that would do it any harm. There is a cut out piece of cardboard inside the jersey that shapes it then it is laid in the glass. I've never heard anyone on the planet say that framing a jersey actually damages it. But you are entitled to your opinion.
    I used to collect authentic jerseys that I would get signed and framed similar to what you have but one sided only. After I quit collecting game authentic jerseys and moved to game worn I attempted to remove a Hines Ward, Troy Polamalu jersey, and Evgeni Malkin jersey from similar style frames that were framed for a little over 2 years. There were numerous hidden pins (it looks like your sleeves are pinned to shrink the size) that cause noticeable damage to the jerseys along with the fact that the cardboard/matt-board was NOT acid free and yellowed and bled onto my white jerseys and discolored my dark jerseys. I now use the following frames as they can easily be removed, rotated, and laid flat to avoid damage. Yes we have different opinions, but most of those stretch wrinkles would concern me as they would NEVER be present if the jersey was naturally hanging.

http://www.freedomdisplaycases.com/j...play-case.html

The circles under the armpit areas scream that the jersey is being pulled and stretched. The way it's framed, you can't just pull out the jersey to check out the current state. Again, I'm only pointing this out because IMO if you leave it as is, there will be a risk of permanent damage the longer you keep it framed like that. A D. Sedin Finals jersey is one of those types of jerseys you want to keep pristine and be able to monitor and check out the state over the years. There is a reason why you never see jerseys framed like that in a museum or even in the majority of private collections. I like to think of this kind of frame as a set it and forget it frame for authentic signed jersey and not for historic game worn pieces.

Re: #22 Daniel Sedin: 2011 G/U Stanley Cup Finals Road Jersey~Framed Double Sided

What do you think of Homeplate Heroes's Display Cases?

http://www.homeplateheroes.com/Homep...play-Case.html.

I've got one of my favorite Bagwell jerseys in the bottom one - photomatched 1994 MVP year jersey - and I hope it is safe from damage. The link you gave is for medium and large-sized jerseys. It's too small for several I own.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    What do you think of Homeplate Heroes's Display Cases?

I've got one of my favorite Bagwell jerseys in the bottom one - photomatched 1994 MVP year jersey - and I hope it is safe from damage. The link you gave is for medium and large-sized jerseys. It's too small for several I own.
    I would be mixed on those frames, although they do look amazing!!! My main issue would be with the suede/felt/backing color bleeding onto the jersey. Have you ever tested the backing with a white cloth to see if the color bled onto the cloth? I usually try to avoid any color mat-board or backing that isn't advertised as 100% acid free. The same goes for boxes and storage containers.

Quote Originally Posted by kprst6 View Post
    I used to collect authentic jerseys that I would get signed and framed similar to what you have but one sided only. After I quit collecting game authentic jerseys and moved to game worn I attempted to remove a Hines Ward, Troy Polamalu jersey, and Evgeni Malkin jersey from similar style frames that were framed for a little over 2 years. There were numerous hidden pins (it looks like your sleeves are pinned to shrink the size) that cause noticeable damage to the jerseys along with the fact that the cardboard/matt-board was NOT acid free and yellowed and bled onto my white jerseys and discolored my dark jerseys. I now use the following frames as they can easily be removed, rotated, and laid flat to avoid damage. Yes we have different opinions, but most of those stretch wrinkles would concern me as they would NEVER be present if the jersey was naturally hanging.

http://www.freedomdisplaycases.com/j...play-case.html

The circles under the armpit areas scream that the jersey is being pulled and stretched. The way it's framed, you can't just pull out the jersey to check out the current state. Again, I'm only pointing this out because IMO if you leave it as is, there will be a risk of permanent damage the longer you keep it framed like that. A D. Sedin Finals jersey is one of those types of jerseys you want to keep pristine and be able to monitor and check out the state over the years. There is a reason why you never see jerseys framed like that in a museum or even in the majority of private collections. I like to think of this kind of frame as a set it and forget it frame for authentic signed jersey and not for historic game worn pieces.
    Thanks for your concern about all my jerseys but now you're really getting carried away. There are no areas on my jerseys that are "screaming" I didn't buy these jerseys to put them on a hanger then put them in my closet away from sunlight and human eyes. These jersey will be fine. I'm really not worried about them turning into dust and blowing away. Thanks for the comments though & point taken.
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Damn after reading these posts, I do feel bad about my jerseys collection.

They are sitting in sealed ziplock bags - in plastic containers - and in a corner of the cool basement.

And they all scream "let me out so others can enjoy me"