Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay Seller

Re: Ebay Seller

Quote Originally Posted by bagbig View Post
    This is an unfortunate situation, I feel terrible for the buyer, I don't agree with the seller. The one point that the seller made that I agreed with was John Taube's conflict of interest. I don't think it is right for an authenticator to also be a dealer. Essentially, he buys bats from Ebay, then writes these letters of authentication, and then puts them on his site for four times more than he paid for the bat. If he had clubhouse sources then I would be more comfortable with the situation. However, to just buy bats on ebay, write PSA/DNA letters, and then sell them on his site for huge prices because of the letters seems like a conflict of interest. Am I thinking straight?
    When someone discloses that they are selling the item and they are authenticating the same item, you have to make the decision to buy knowing those facts. Is it a conflict of interest??? Probably. Do people still buy John Taube's bats? Yes, all the time. John Taube has a stellar reputation in my opinion.

Lumberjackitz reported statement - it is in their best interest to not "authenticate" certain items which will help their items sell for more. seems a little far fetched in my opinion.

Hopefully John can post here on this Jeter bat.

Re: Ebay Seller

I have a few bats I bought from lumberjackkitz and all have passed authentication. Let me get this right, the Jeter bat was bought over a year and 1/2 and the buyer resold it with a PSA pass guarntee and when it was determined the seam marks were not deep enough he asked for a refund from the original seller? If that is the case then anybody who sells any bat on Ebay needs to first send it to PSA or they are always on the hook for a refund, even years later. If you buy a bat without a letter you are paying less than you would for a bat with a letter (sounds like a good price for a Jeter) If a seller wants a premium he will get it inspected first, if not then the bat will sell for less. The conflict of interest disscussed in earlier posts is a problem. John Taube has sold many Jeter bats and I bet the seam marks were deep enough on all of them. Jason