Why do collectors have their jerseys signed?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frikativ54
    • Dec 2007

Re: Why do collectors have their jerseys signed?

Originally posted by Preston
    I see both sides of this argument, but as a previous poster said, using the correct pen is CRUCIAL...for me I typically stay away w/ jerseys w/ white numbers signed in blue Sharpie - that's asking for disaster. I've gotten a few of my gamers signed but for EVERY one of them I've used paint pens and those are good long-term.
    What do you think about using the following pen on jerseys and bats:

or

I already have a fine point Pen-Touch.

LMK what is best.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
      • Apr 2007

To the original question posed here, I will tell you I don't really have a preference on whether a jersey is signed or not. But it seems lately, if you collect certain teams, a lot of the stuff is signed before it even comes on the market. I currently have 8 Cincinnati Reds game used jerseys on display, 7 of which are signed, none of which I personally got signed nor did I acquire them because they were signed. That is just how it worked out. If I were picky about having unsigned jerseys, I think it would be tough to acquire a lot of Reds jerseys.

Comment

• Desi
        • Apr 2010

Just personal preference. My first hobby was collecting autographs ever since I was a kid. As I moved on from getting baseball cards signed, I moved on to photos, to a bit bigger items like mini helmets and baseballs, onto premium items like retail jerseys. Ever since I started collected game used items, as an autograph collector, it was just another thing I wanted to get signed.

Again, there are both sides to this topic, but is all boils down to preference. I'm not one to sell my items, so the debate of value doesn't enter my mind. I'd prefer to obtain something unsigned, and try to get it signed eventually myself.

-Desi

Comment

Working...