Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Can you trust JO Sports?

In the interest of answering the question this link might be helpful.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/iln/pr/r...pr1121_01a.pdf

It is a link to the plea agreement (found via a google search) for Jarrod Oldridge in which he admits to:

(c) Beginning not later than in or about the middle of 2004, the defendant admits that in the name of JO Sports, Inc. or his name, he obtained hundreds of jerseys that were not game used for the purpose of re-sale, consignment, or auction of the jerseys as game used jerseys;

While none of us know the details of the entire story, this is certainly a relevant piece of information.

Gentlemen, hello. my first post here. I recently got into game used items, and as you can tell by the user name, I'm into the Minnesota Vikings. I recently bought a Vikings jersey from JO after doing my own extensive matching. I pretty much photomatched every side of that jersey myself, after what happened with the legal issues. I searched almost everywhere and thankfully there were great photos of it. I will start a thread later to show the pieces I've landed, as I wanna do a bit more homework on a pair of cleats. As far as the Jackson jersey, it ooks like a pretty good match to me.

On a side note, I noticed some members posting clips of NFL games. I would very much like to know how you all did that, or where I can go to purchase/access games for matching purposes. Any help is appreciated!

nfl game rewind on nfl.com i believe is hot they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mad87man View Post
    nfl game rewind on nfl.com i believe is hot they do it.
    Awesome. Thanks bud, I will check it out.

First off, apologies for my absence over the past several months, but with several significant changes is my life over the past year and a half, I just don't visit this forum much any more...

Though I can't speak to any of the other team partnerships in which JO Sports Co. (JOSC) has been involved, I do know that their contract with the Broncos expired this past year and was not renewed due, at least in part, to their well-publicized legal issues. On a side note, it appears that the Broncos have now partnered with
    Panini Authentic (see http://www.paniniauthentic.com/memor...game-used.html).

As we diligently track (confirmed) sales of Broncos' game-used/worn jerseys, we have observed that, over the past several months, JOSC has been conducting a fire sale of sorts... Inventory available directly from their web site at
    http://www.josportsco.com/list_produ...000030&CatID=0 has seen prices slashed anywhere from 50-65% of their originally listed prices. Additionally, a significant number of items have also been co-listed in true auction format via eBay over the past several weeks with starting bids significantly lower that their sites' already discounted 'sale' prices--in the $100-$200 range--appropriate for the common players' jerseys which are listed. A quick scan of their sold (eBay) listings would seem to indicate that the same holds true for many other teams as well. While I have no particular insight as to what the future holds in store for JOSC, recent actions may possibly indicate a liquidation clearance of inventory or this may simply be purge of the specific inventory or teams with which they no longer do business and thereby have little means of replenishing inventory items (again, with no particular insight aside from the Broncos, I have no idea which other teams have continuing agreements with JOSC and which do not).

On another interesting note, there were three Broncos jerseys offered in the just completed (4/6/13) Goldin Auction(s)--Ayers, Buckhalter & Graham. All were ascribed to having been worn 11/28/10 which falls within the period of JOSC's "exclusive" partnership with the Broncos. In the Goldin Auctions' listing each is noted as having a Denver Broncos COA--the imaged COAs are nearly identical to those issued by JOSC, albeit without either reference to JOSC or the company's hologram. It's possible that these older jerseys were simply held back by the team, never having been transferred to JOSC and then subsequently released following the expiration of their agreement... Not sure on the original sourcing of these.

Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

Is my mind playing tricks on me or are these fake jersey's?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clinton-Port...item3f2408ab84

Banned

Cool Re: Can you trust JO Sports?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattapan03 View Post
    Is my mind playing tricks on me or are these fake jersey's?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clinton-Port...item3f2408ab84
    From the description, it appears that the lot contains "authentic" jerseys, not game-used/game-issued.

Dave Miedema

i make sure i do some extensive research before i buy anything from JO as i have had them try to rip me off.

that story here lol
    http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/f...eople-off.html

i have yet to receive a response about those gloves..

that being said i have purchased from them a couple times most recently a Louis Murphy GU Raiders jersey last week that I felt was legit

I bought a game used jersey from JO Sports official Ebay account a recently.

It arrived in the mail today. It's a 2010 white game used Dallas Cowboys Terence Newman jersey, worn against the Giants in November. It came with a Steiner LOA. I am delighted with it to say the least! A fine addition to my Cowboys collection. This is one jersey I will never sell!

I photomatched it 100% using NFL Gamepass and AP and Getty images prior to bidding, so I knew it was legit, aswell as having the correct Steiner paperwork. The communication I had with JO through Ebay was excellent and they were very helpfull. The jersey was well packaged and arrived with me over in the United Kingdom very quickly. In the flesh, the features I used on the jersey to photomatch it fully check out, as does the paperwork. There is even a pressed on patch from JO on the inside of the hem, stating what game it was used in. A nice touch indeed!

And the best part, I got in for $151! I know about JO's past, but in the product and service I received could not have been better. JO in 2013 seems to be doing it right. Their feedback record is excellent too, so other buyers must have been delighted too.

Further note: I am a Cowboys fan and this was the only Dallas jersey they had, but for fans of some other teams, JO had some great NFL game used jerseys at very cheap prices. Most of their Ebay listings seem to start at $150 and although most are low tier players, they had some good-name players available, some even unwashed. They had loads of Raiders, Vikings, Chiefs and Rams gamers. If you collect from those teams, I would check their Ebay site now.