X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hairyangryfella
    Banned
    • May 2012

Can you trust JO Sports?

I have heard bad things about them, but just had a browse of their website anyway.

I am attracted to jerseys with really good game use/dirt etc and noticed this Vinny Jackson one:

However the image from the game doesn't seem to be quite the same staining - or is it and I just can't see that properly?

I don't have the money for this anyway, but if I could save up, is it legit enough to get? Apparently comes with a team letter.
  • Texans
    • Nov 2005

Re: Can you trust JO Sports?

Its looks like a good match to me

Comment

• Joel_Brock
      • Feb 2012

Can you trust anyone in this industry? Buyer beware.

Comment

• mad87man
        • Feb 2011

before JO got caught doing what they did they were a very trustworthy place. I personally trust their new stuff b/c most of it comes with COA from the team and JO put videos of stuff coming out of the boxes from them. the older stuff maybe you could have reason to be shady about but new stuff i wouldn't be worried.

Comment

• Mattapan03
          • Mar 2010

That jersey looks pretty good to me.

Comment

• gingi79
            • Aug 2007

Vis a vie this jersey or in general? He was indicted for selling fake jerseys. He also sold authentic game worn and photomatched jerseys.

I completely trust exactly zero people. Jerseys speak for themselves, the real ones are real in spite of criminals such as this
            Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• slab0meat
              • May 2010

The top half of the section between the "8" and the "3" doesn't look at all like a match. The dirt stains look completely different to me.

Comment

• Mattapan03
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by slab0meat
                The top half of the section between the "8" and the "3" doesn't look at all like a match. The dirt stains look completely different to me.
                It could be that the picture was earlier in the game, and that as the game went on, additional stains maybe have altered what you see in the photo.

Comment

• timb69
                  • Feb 2012

How do you know at what point of the game, that that picture was taken? It could still be legit.

Comment

• hairyangryfella
                    Banned
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by timb69
                    How do you know at what point of the game, that that picture was taken? It could still be legit.
                    The commentary from the picture was something like "makes a huge catch in the 4th quarter" - after he did most of the staining while catching his TD in the 3rd. He only had 2 catches and one carry in the game (I believe this pic should be talking about his carry as that was in the 4th).

Comment

• hairyangryfella
                      Banned
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by slab0meat
                      That's what I was thinking, plus the amount of green sticking down from the top of the 3. Plus the big stain going down the bottom, though this could be from getting tackled on his last touch. I will have to watch a replay of the game.

Comment

• slab0meat
                        • May 2010

No matter when the picture was, the jersey is cleaner in that area than the picture. Shouldn't the end result be the jersey is dirtier??

Comment

• slab0meat
                          • May 2010

To the right of the three, around the shoulder, it looks perfect to me, as well. It's just the middle I don't like.

Comment

• dplettn
                            • Dec 2010

My times have changed when it comes to scrutiny of JO Sports. I remember faulting them for blatant things and everybody and droves of collectors would come to their defense.

Personally, something is probably of less interest to me if it was ever owned or distributed by JO Sports. Even if its totally legit. JO Sports having ever handled a jersey just kind of makes me enjoy looking at it less.

Having said that, the scrutiny here of this particular jersey would seem to have greater relevance if the photo being compared to was in high resolution. The difference between seeing an image as shown here in contrast to a high resolution version is dramatic. Cameras and lighting show things in unique ways and its easier to have reasonable confidence in what you think you are seeing if you are looking at it in high resolution.

Comment

• Samets
                              • Apr 2012

I'll purchase the "bad" Chicago Bears jersey authenticated by JO & with the Bears letter without thinking twice. I know about the past but the team items that came from the team are OK in my book.

Comment

Working...