Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Angry Team/store employees wearing GU items..

I dont know if this subject has been discussed before, if it did, my bad.

But if it didnt, now would a good time for it.

Name:  jeter_cleats.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  51.7 KB
    This is MY Jeter's GU cleats - which happened to be worn by one of employees. If I didnt know about it, I would not care. But when a friend alerted me with this picture and how the former employee boasted on FB for wearing Jeter's cleats and the "idiots" that spent some ridiculous money on it.

There were worst story on the employee's FB page - taking batting practice with GU bats and hitting GU baseballs with it. WTF!

What would you do if you see your GU stuff being treated as such?

Re: Team/store employees wearing GU items..

FB link? kinda disturbing.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Same thing happened at Mariners FanFest, and I almost didn't buy the helmet because of it.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Is someone alerting the teams to this? This is a complete lack of respect. Worst bit is, I reckon these people would be the same kind of people that would continue to do it out of spite to "those "idiots" on the internet... "

Imagine if HOF employees where doing the same thing. In fact, what if items that where under team control ended up in the HOF after this kind of thing.

Banned

Cool Re: Team/store employees wearing GU items..

Unless it were damaged in post-player use, I wouldn't care.

Dave Miedema

I wouldn't really mind if an employee wore a jersey, cap, shoes, etc. so long as they did not stain or otherwise negatively affect them (e.g., stretch them out). For all I know the jerseys I have purchased from someone other than the player himself have been worn by the prior owners. I have no clue and I have never bothered to ask.

Hitting with game used bats and hitting game used balls alters them is obvious alteration. I would bother me to the point where I would not knowingly purchase them.

Quote Originally Posted by esquiresports View Post
    I wouldn't really mind if an employee wore a jersey, cap, shoes, etc. so long as they did not stain or otherwise negatively affect them (e.g., stretch them out). For all I know the jerseys I have purchased from someone other than the player himself have been worn by the prior owners. I have no clue and I have never bothered to ask.

Hitting with game used bats and hitting game used balls alters them is obvious alteration. I would bother me to the point where I would not knowingly purchase them.
    I like to see to the comment or photos about doing BP. That why i wanted a link. Its probably been deleted by now with this alert.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    I like to see to the comment or photos about doing BP. That why i wanted a link. Its probably been deleted by now with this alert.
    The FB account is no longer open to public. The picture was screen-captured and sent to my inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
    The FB account is no longer open to public. The picture was screen-captured and sent to my inbox.
    figures. would be interesting to see the photo of BP. was that what you capture or also the comments?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

this reminds me of the seinfeld episode where george costanza was wearing babe ruth's uniform and purposely getting food stains on it to get fired

i would definitely alert the team about that because its just a lack of disrespect. people who work in retail stores dont wear items they are currently selling so why should this not apply to them