Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Changes at USPS for DC #

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    On a somewhat unrelated note... Yesterday I had my first ever postage rejection at a local branch of postage I printed at home. Took in two bats in triangle tubes and one medium box. The bats were accepted without incident. The Medium Box was rejected because I used a flat rate box, but entered the exact dimensions and weight instead of paying the "flat rate". The flat rate was I think $11.85. The exact dimensions and weight resulted in somewhere around $6.50 for Priority Mail. Had I used the priority mail box that said just "Medium Box" all would have been fine. But since the box said flat rate, they refused to take it.

Seriously, the exact same size shape and weight, just with different words on the box got it rejected. I paid for the exact same service, but the "flat rate" is a rip off, unless you are shipping something that weighs about 15-20 pounds. So, lesson learned, don't use a flat rate box and pay actual shipping costs, put it in an identically sized box and pay half the price.
    I only use the flat-rate (as you said) if I am shipping something heavier.

Unfortunately - as you found out, the P.O. is pretty tight on the wording on the box. If you've noticed, about 2 years ago, they started printing Priority Mail in Red and Blue inside their boxes on the brown cardboard because customers would take a bunch of FREE Priority boxes and turn them inside out so the USPS was getting no return on the boxes they provided for free.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    I only use the flat-rate (as you said) if I am shipping something heavier.

Unfortunately - as you found out, the P.O. is pretty tight on the wording on the box. If you've noticed, about 2 years ago, they started printing Priority Mail in Red and Blue inside their boxes on the brown cardboard because customers would take a bunch of FREE Priority boxes and turn them inside out so the USPS was getting no return on the boxes they provided for free.
    Yeah, but my argument to that was that the Post Office offers two other Priority Mail Boxes of almost the exact same dimensions without the "Flat Rate" also for free, so rejecting my shipment based on the words on the box offers no logical defense. So I throw one free box away and reprint my label and put it on another free box. In the end, the only thing that changed was I was very annoyed, my shipment was delayed a day, and I repackaged into a box that doesnt say flat rate.

Nonetheless, after getting lectured I went back and ordered a bunch of these ALSO FREE boxes without the words Flat Rate, so there will be no further issue...

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/...Id=subcatMSS_B

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/...bcatMSS_B_Free
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

international rates skyrocketed--double and sometimes almost triple the cost

the cost to ship to canada is basically on par with pre-increase rates to europe. it's that bad.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rdeversole View Post
    It was FREE on Priority Mail if you paid and printed your label at home via the internet. It was not free if you went to the post office to buy the postage and mail your item. It was not previously .90
    I think that has changed. I went to the PO yesterday to drop-off postage paid items and I thought I heard the clerk tell a customer delivery confirmation is now free on Priority Mail.

Jim