Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Re: February 2013 Pickups

After waiting 17 seasons for another super bowl win, us 49er fans are experiencing something new-failure in the NFL's penultimate game. There were some seriously one sided calls (no holding penalty on the Jones KO return for TD, no ejection or penalty for shoving a ref) but defensively the 49ers picked the absolute worst time to show fatigue.

There were multiple instances where the defense had the Ravens in 3rd and long and almost every time they could not stop them. From missed tackles to penalties to failure to pressure Flacco, the defense just could not et it done when they needed to the most.

An absolute killer was the "illegal formation" penalty on the 1st play of the game, which negated a 20 yard gain by Vernon Davis. This was quite foreboding as it reminded me of the 1992 seasons NFC Championship. In that game Young hits Rice on the 1st or 2nd play of the game for a long TD only to have it called back for holding. That non play set the tone for the game and the 49ers lost to the Cowboys. The penalty in the SB on the 1st play really shifted momentum to the Ravens as the 49ers went 3 and out and the Ravens scored on their first drive.

It is not easy getting to the playoffs much less the SB and I think the 49ers know that they let one get by them. If the defense had played like it had played up until the 3rd quarter of the Patriots game, they would have cruised by the Ravens. Instead a tired, listless, out of synch thus mistake prone group showed up and the Lombardi trophy is in Baltimore instead of SF.

Nevertheless there are some new 49er pickups the last few months including:

2012 Vernon Davis away gamer worn vs New England
    2012 Randy Moss home gamer worn vs the Bills
    2012 Aldon Smith home gamer worn vs Buffalo

2010 Andy Lee International Series gamer vs Denver and played in London

1994 Brent Jones away throwback vs New Orleans. 2 TD game. Team letter
    1994 Gary Plummer SB practice shirt with team letter

Always buying 49er game worn jerseys and ALL 1994 49er game used items. Paying a finders fee of up to 500$ for info that leads to a sale.

Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    I saw that Berkman, nice bat, I almost bid on it.
    I picked up an '02 Pujols LVS. I'm assuming you bought the '03 Sam Bat?
    Let's see that 02! No, I didn't see an 03. Where was it? I'm still looking for an 03,04, and 06 to complete the run. I'd like to find them signed, but it's getting hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Question for you: Were the gloves authenticated to that first inning HR? Or were they authenticated as used in that particular game? Have you photomatched them? I couldn't make out the authentication number in the image you provided, nor could I see a clear photomatch. The reason why I'm wondering is if A-Rod used multiple pairs of gloves in the same game, or if yours are tied to that particular achievement?
    I kinda responded to this in another post you commented on: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...088#post315088

First, these batting gloves were given to me by Alex Rodriguez, through his people, in addition to a few other items, for the issues with the Rawlings bat. I was told that Arod used these gloves in this game to hit the 2-run HR off Jared Weaver.

With that said, when I checked on MLB.COM, that isn't clear. It isn't even clear that the item mentioned were game used.

I emailed MLB.com asking numerous questions about these batting gloves. This program was established to help ensure us fans and collectors were guaranteed authenticity of items they obtain.

By looking at these certs, there are just too many questions. Are these BP gloves? Did he use them in the entire game? Are there more than one pair that were for MLB.COM authenticity during this game? Just way too many questions. I do understand that the gloves are "team issued" due to there is no AROD or #13 on them, which I believe he personally orders for himself. But the certs have to provide much more detail than they do.

I'm waiting to hear back fo MLB.COM next week, to see what they have to say. Will keep you posted.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I kinda responded to this in another post you commented on: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...088#post315088

First, these batting gloves were given to me by Alex Rodriguez, through his people, in addition to a few other items, for the issues with the Rawlings bat. I was told that Arod used these gloves in this game to hit the 2-run HR off Jared Weaver.

With that said, when I checked on MLB.COM, that isn't clear. It isn't even clear that the item mentioned were game used.

I emailed MLB.com asking numerous questions about these batting gloves. This program was established to help ensure us fans and collectors were guaranteed authenticity of items they obtain.

By looking at these certs, there are just too many questions. Are these BP gloves? Did he use them in the entire game? Are there more than one pair that were for MLB.COM authenticity during this game? Just way too many questions. I do understand that the gloves are "team issued" due to there is no AROD or #13 on them, which I believe he personally orders for himself. But the certs have to provide much more detail than they do.

I'm waiting to hear back fo MLB.COM next week, to see what they have to say. Will keep you posted.
    I just went through MLB.COM authentication database, and checked all items authenticated for that game. Good news is, these are the only batting gloves authenticated from that game, which game videos shows him using this style glove in all four at bats.

090890 - LAA Lineup Card
    090991 - Pujols game used bat
    090902 - 1st Inning base (used 1 thru 5 innings)
    090903 - 2nd Inning base (used 1 thru 5 innings)
    090904 - 3rd inning base (used 1 thru 5 innings)
    0909895-090910 - are all game used baseballs
    090911 - GU Jersey (#47 IVan Nova)
    090912 - GU lineup card (NYY)
    090913 - AROD GU LVS Bat Model P72
    090914 - AROD Nike Left Whte Batting Glove
    090915 - AROD Nike Right White Battling Glove
    090916 - 1st Inning Base (6 thru 9 innings)
    090917 - 2nd Inning Base (6 thru 9 innings)
    090918 - 3rd Inning Base (6 thru 9 innings)
    090919 - Jared Weaver Cleat Left

That's everything authenticated for that game. So it gives me a good feeling, consider they authenticated 16 baseballs; and only one pair of Nike gloves. If there were more than one pair of nike gloves authenticated, then I'd be more concerned. Still, the cert should mention GAME USED and if used for the ENTIRE GAME.

Will still wait to hear back from MLB.COM
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I just went through MLB.COM authentication database, and checked all items authenticated for that game. Good news is, these are the only batting gloves authenticated from that game, which game videos shows him using this style glove in all four at bats.

090890 - LAA Lineup Card
    090991 - Pujols game used bat
    090902 - 1st Inning base (used 1 thru 5 innings)
    090903 - 2nd Inning base (used 1 thru 5 innings)
    090904 - 3rd inning base (used 1 thru 5 innings)

That's everything authenticated for that game. So it gives me a good feeling, consider they authenticated 16 baseballs; and only one pair of Nike gloves. If there were more than one pair of nike gloves authenticated, then I'd be more concerned. Still, the cert should mention GAME USED and if used for the ENTIRE GAME.

Will still wait to hear back from MLB.COM
    Sorry, got numbers mixed up:

090890 - LAA Lineup Card
    090891 - Pujols game used bat
    090892 - 1st Inning base (used 1 thru 5 innings)
    090893 - 2nd Inning base (used 1 thru 5 innings)
    090894 - 3rd inning base (used 1 thru 5 innings)

Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Former Titans linebacker Frank Chamberlin's game worn gloves and wristbands from the Titans/Ravens game 10/12/2001 as well as sideline film photos, itinerary and ticket request information.

Here are the items I picked up at the Padres fanfest yesterday.

Phil Plantier throwback
    Josh Spence camo
    Chase Headley and Yonder Alonso bats
    Chase Headley, Yonder Alonso, Yasmani Grandal, Cameron Maybin and Casey Kelly helmets.

Was able to quickly photo match the Alonso bat and helmet and the Grandal helmet. Headley bat is authenticated to a June 28th single. Headley helmet has to be from 2011 since I cant find him wearing a blue cool flo in 12.

Scott! Hit me up on that Camo!

Mark.

Posted this in the college game used section but this holy grail is a new pickup so...........

Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway game worn Memphis State Tigers "Tiger Blue" jersey

Glad I checked the listings on MLB Auctions earlier today or I would have missed this one! Just picked up this Phillies/Reds lineup card from 9/4/12. Jimmy Rollins collected his 2,000th career hit in this game. Nice milestone addition to my J-Roll lineup card collection!