Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Grey Flannel auctions

I guess I have a problem with saying the number over the phone and not knowing who may be listening. I don't know. I figure there is really no protection.
    Maybe I am just old fashioned.
    And to be honest I was put off by her even asking for it. Most companies have a place to do that on their websites. I have not given my credit card number out over the phone in over 20 years I bet.

Nnunnari,
    And in regards to your last question, which strikes me as a bit snide, I don't believe they would rip me off.
    That was just a silly question to ask and to be honest I don't appreciate the tone in which you ask it. Seemed kind of confrontational.
    Have I answered your questions thoroughly enough?

Roady could you please email me, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jbean023 View Post
    Roady could you please email me, thanks.
    Done

Banned

I don't mind if an auction house asks for a credit card, it is 2013 and you are protected from unauthorized charges. I don't understand why this isn't asked for with the original application but if they ask for it on the phone I would guess it shouldn't be a big deal, but the fact that you were denied after this is just silly and abusive by Grey Flannel. If I consigned to them, I would be insulted to hear potential bidders are being turned away.

Probably just saved me money in the long run anyway. So it's all good.
    Their business, their rules. I won't lose any sleep over it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Nnunnari,
    And in regards to your last question, which strikes me as a bit snide, I don't believe they would rip me off.
    That was just a silly question to ask and to be honest I don't appreciate the tone in which you ask it. Seemed kind of confrontational.
    Have I answered your questions thoroughly enough?
    Silly question? You're making a big deal about nothing and are paranoid. If you want to bid in their auction, give them your credit card number and move on. You started a thread looking to bad mouth an auction house when they are simply doing their due diligence. Sorry you had to "go through so much trouble" of providing a credit card number.
    On top of that, you want a forum to chime in on how you're "feeling". Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Silly question? You're making a big deal about nothing and are paranoid. If you want to bid in their auction, give them your credit card number and move on. You started a thread looking to bad mouth an auction house when they are simply doing their due diligence. Sorry you had to "go through so much trouble" of providing a credit card number.
    On top of that, you want a forum to chime in on how you're "feeling". Really?
    So, is this who you consign your items through? Or do you just like confrontation?
    Either way, that chip on your shoulder is the size of a tree.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

You're wasting everybody's time Roady. Put on your big boy pants and move on.