Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Pro bowl tomlinson jersey signed

It's not a game used or team issued jersey, I think as long you are aware of that its just a matter of whether you like the jersey.

I had one of these Pro Bowl jerseys a good few years ago, in white and was for Cowboys former strong safety #31 Roy Williams. I got it on Ebay very cheaply (sub $100) and it came from China or Korea if I remember right. It was about 6 or 7 years ago at least. It was very heavyweight, everything was stitched in and had the Berlin tag etc. I thought it was amazing at the time. In hindsight, I believe it was a genuine blank NFL game jersey that was extremely well customized to replicate the Pro Bowl jerseys of that year. It had no size or year tags in the collar, same as with the one you are considering. There were loads of these on Ebay at that time with different players available and in red or white, dependent on Conference. I don't have any photo's of it now.

Now I could be 100% wrong and this could be legit. I'm sure each player must only get issued a couple of jerseys for the Pro Bowl so I wouldn't image there would be loads of the same jersey manufactured for each player. The few jerseys produced for each player must be like gold dust to the players themselves, never mind us collectors, so very few must ever be put up for sale. (The 2012 Heath Miller at that NY thrift store is an extreme exceptional case!) There were photo's of a 2012 Broncos Pro Bowl jersey and a Bills one too uploaded onto the forum recently. They are stunning and while they are issued I bet you they cost 10 times $300 each, without being signed.

Can't advise about the signature.

Why would it be made in Wis.? If its not game or team issued wouldnt it be fake if it has all those tags?

Its tough to know without actually holding the jersey, but it does not appear to be fake to me.....These Pro Cut/Issued Jerseys were readily available from Reebok and the NFL and specifically NFL Auctions. Have you checked out the year and compared it to the jerseys on Getty from that year? If so, are they even close to a game jersey?

There is a member Joel on the Forum who sells a lot of this style, maybe he could lend a hand on Berlin tagging.... style, location, date etc?

Hope that helps a little, but unfortunately its not a perfect science......

Thanks for all the replys guys!

Be careful on these ProBowl jerseys, I've found many of them to be fakes. Not saying this one is because I can't see the detail in the pictures, but check the patches and the stitching / embroidery. On the fakes I've encountered the NFL shield is poorly stitched - like the stars on the shield don't look like stars, the tops of the crest aren't pointed, and the NFL writing is skewed. On the team patches, if the lettering is joined by a single stitch, it's generally a fake.

Also check the NFL logo / shield ghosted into the red fabric. On the fakes I've seen the football doesn't have pointed ends and the stitching lines aren't crisp / defined. The football looks more like a hamburger.

Hope that helps.

It looks to be team issued, and that it didn't go through the specific cut LT prefers. A nice jersey at that price. I'd jump on it if I were you.