Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Question about Kobe in Goldin Auctions

Chris
    DC was the one who posted about UD and Kobe jerseys for 06-07 correct? They are also the ones who authenticated this jersey as 06-07 Lakers game used. I cannot imagine they would do so without knowing where it came from and that it was game used.
    I can tell you I have had numerous players in my career under 'exclusive contracts' to me. I know 100% virtually every one of them did something that the letter of the contract would not have allowed, but was done innocently or not knowingly.
    IF UD had Kobe under exclusive agreement for game used jerseys in 06-07. i can guarantee the language would read something like 'player will not sell his game used jerseys for compensation to any company besides upper deck. Nothing in this agreement prohibits player from keeping his jersey or giving as a gift to a family member or for charitble purposes'
    The jersey could have come from a team employee, charity, friend, etc.
    I honestly do not know. I do know, from specific and personal experience second to none in having players under 'exclusive contract' that just because you have someone under exclusive product does NOT mean you will never find there product elsewhere...it pissed me off every time, but it happens.
    I have made requests of DC sports to come on here and post. I will request it again.
    regards
    Ken Goldin

I received an email from DAN at DC sports
    He tried posting twice but got booted from system for some reason.

Basically Upper Deck had an exclusive but that did not mean they got all the jerseys 'Ken i looked at the jersey in your auction and it is good! I emailed one of the people who posted'

He is going to try to get his sytem error with GUU fixed, but i am posting this for him

upper deck did have an exclusive in 06/07 on kobe jerseys and had a promotion on ebay selling his 1st #24 and any kobe jersey from upper deck should have a LOA from them but all of kobe's jersey didn't go to upper deck and after looking at this jersey it is a good one and at that price i think ill bid to DAN

dceniceros248@yahoo.com 323 257-4898

Thanks, I appreciate the clarification and info!