Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

February 2013 Pickups

Here is a sweet Cal Ripken Jr. hickory finished/cracked F149 model, which matches factory ordering records in 1988. I obtained it from a guy who had clubhouse connections during that time period....All it needs now is Cal to add his signature with a "game used" inscription:

Back of the barrell shows great use:

and a perfect Cal "snowman" 8:

Re: February 2013 Pickups

wow thats a sweet cal bat. Best of luck with the inscription, it will make it that much better

My Holy Grail. Picked up this heavily-used Miguel Tejada jersey from a forum member. Only two in existance and this has iron-clad photomatch. What a find! And at a reasonable price.

This is what the forum is all about!!!!! Sweet!!!

Dave Silverbrand

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Here is a sweet Cal Ripken Jr. hickory finished/cracked F149 model, which matches factory ordering records in 1988. I obtained it from a guy who had clubhouse connections during that time period....All it needs now is Cal to add his signature with a "game used" inscription:

Back of the barrell shows great use:

and a perfect Cal "snowman" 8:

Not my bat, but if it was I would have his sign "1988 Season"......hate that "Game Used" especailly when the use is evident.

Just got this signed Nick Price glove on ebay pretty cheap. My first golf used item and am still trying to find a picture of him wearing it.
    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Mailed off a jersey to a Braves MiLB player who was in Australia for the off season playing ball. I was hoping to get it when he visited my home team but he was injured. Took a bit of a risk but got it back and he did a great job.

Pic doesn't do it justice, and I did use a silver sharpie because I didn't trust sending a paint pen across the country and hoping he charged it right.

Matthew Kennelly's 2011 Gwinnett Braves jersey, his first AAA jersey.

Banned

Got these two in the mail today.
    Gwynn '86 G170, from the rack. These bats, (G168, G169, & G170) were made specifically for Tony to replace his C263's in the late '80's. He couldn't buy a hit with them and decided to switch back to the C263's.

Ripken '84-'85. Bat shows light use but has some nice cleat marks. If anyone is interested in this bat let me know, shows less use than I was hoping for.

I had a busy month by my standards.
    I picked up 3 great items.

A Darrell Jackson Game-Used Home Jersey from 2003.
    Has a player LOA from his former teammate Chuck Darby.
    I'm working on a photo match, but it's tough to match since damage and wear are slight, plus it's a dark jersey.

Jared Allen Game-Used Gloves from the Donald Penn Fight on Thursday Night Football against the Buccaneers on 10/25/12.
    We all remember this moment. He gets into a fight with Penn. Bloodies his nose. Fires up the crowd and then gets a sack on the very next play!

Justin Smith Game-Used Cleats.
    One of my favorite players in the NFL. We went to college together. He was a year younger than me, so I even watched him play in high school. These cleats go great with my game-used Bengals jersey.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

I returned the "altered" 1998 Renteria Marlins jersey I bought for this awesome 2000 Mike Lowell GU Home White.

Name:  Lowell00-01 copy.jpg
Views: 1711
Size:  122.4 KB
    Name:  Lowell00-05 copy.jpg
Views: 1673
Size:  96.7 KB
    Name:  Lowell00-06 copy.jpg
Views: 1661
Size:  97.4 KB
    Name:  Lowell00-07 copy.jpg
Views: 1658
Size:  130.8 KB

Also picked up this 1998 Craig Counsell Marlins Home White GU jersey with tons of use.

Name:  Counsell98-01 copy.jpg
Views: 1641
Size:  208.9 KB
    Name:  Counsell98-03 copy.jpg
Views: 1633
Size:  100.5 KB
    Name:  Counsell98-06 copy.jpg
Views: 1580
Size:  90.7 KB
    Name:  Counsell98-07 copy.jpg
Views: 1572
Size:  124.5 KB