Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ray Lewis Custom Gold Cleats for Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Oh yeah, for charity, in Baltimore, after a victory, 10K may be light.

There are people who guy stuff like this, for charity, and don't care the price. Not everyone is a member of GUU and looking for a bargain. Too bad he didn't wear them, would have been neat.
    How did you know he didn't wear them? i couldn't tell b/c i saw he had his feet taped but i wasn't really paying attention which is why i ask.

Anyone notice he pulled off his last home jersey after their home playoff win and handed it to his dad? I always wondered if it was out of fear someone would try and steal it, or he didn't trust the people who do laundry or even the Ravens? It just seemed like he was assuring himself that the last purple Ravens jersey he ever wore would remain in his possession. Considering my own issues with thievery by scumbags in Baltimore, I can't blame him.

These cleats could have been worn as a unique last game gift for some long time fan, an owner he apparently adores, a charitable auction, sent to the HOF or even given to his mama. The adornments were on the bottom, making them ideal for display afterward without anyone seeing them while he played. To me, that is much less obnoxious than wearing Gold shoes during an Olympics or the dopey writing on certain NBA players sneakers during a game.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alexbartacustoms View Post
    It looks like Ray chose not to wear these after all.
    NFL.com reported this story earlier today, I wonder if they got bad information or if Ray just changed his mind and wore purple instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by mad87man View Post
    How did you know he didn't wear them? i couldn't tell b/c i saw he had his feet taped but i wasn't really paying attention which is why i ask.
    Someone posted he didn't wear them.

Banned

I guess if a person earns his/her money, they have a right to spend it the way they wish. From a personal note, buying a "game worn" item that Ray wore would be like buying something that OJ Simpson wore - NOT for me.

Just an opinion,

Jim