Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: mike trout

mike trout

what is the deal with mike trout? why are so many people drooling over him and his items? is he the next best thing since sliced bread? did he have that great of a season that he already is HOF bound?

people need to wake up and realize that one season doesn't make a player. he could crap out this season. and the thousands of dollars that people are asking and spending for his items will become worthless.

Re: mike trout

Quote Originally Posted by momen55 View Post
    people need to wake up and realize that one season doesn't make a player. he could crap out this season. and the thousands of dollars that people are asking and spending for his items will become worthless.
    That's the gamble people take when they collect up-and-coming players. If Trout does make it, the value of his stuff will be pretty high. However, if he doesn't achieve expectations in subsequent years, then his stuff will take a hit.

I normally don't invest in prospects, because most of the guys I choose inevitably flame out. That's the good thing about collecting older and retired players; you simply don't have to worry. But there are fans who like Trout so much that they are willing to take the risk.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

But the cost of his items are expensive now. Say he does go onto a good career and hall of fame bound. His prices won't go up That much because eventually more of his items will come out. I think his rookie items will hold more value then anything.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    But the cost of his items are expensive now. Say he does go onto a good career and hall of fame bound. His prices won't go up That much because eventually more of his items will come out. I think his rookie items will hold more value then anything.
    its been spoken before here. the premium of becoming an allstar is built into the price. only jump in price will be if he is deemed to be an all time great.

hopefully he has a injury free career but hes a gamer/risk taker on the field so i am not sure that is possible. bryce harper is a gamer too with hype.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

what is the deal with mike trout? why are so many people drooling over him and his items? is he the next best thing since sliced bread? did he have that great of a season that he already is HOF bound?

Momen55 can you drop me an e-mail at Lakeside62401 at hotmail dot com? I have a question to ask you about a jersey. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyalbert View Post
    Momen55 can you drop me an e-mail at Lakeside62401 at hotmail dot com? I have a question to ask you about a jersey. Thanks.
    email sent.

I don't think people are rationally expecting these items to retain or gain resale value. I think part of the price paid is for the "wow" or "show off" factor. Right now, there is a prestige by fellow collectors and fans, for having the "hot" player's game worn stuff. Even if Mike does make the HOF (and good luck to him, he's an easy guy to cheer for) such a minute amount of material produced in the modern age will retain their initial cost.

Most of the reason why MJ and Gretzky jerseys from Chicago and Edmonton respectively are so valued is because a) They wore so very few of them and b) They are literally the greatest legends to play their sport, ever.

Trout wears how many jerseys and swings how many bats a season? The majority make it to the market. 20 years from now, finding one of his jerseys or bats will not be difficult nor will it be as expensive as right now. So why buy? Right now they are rare since he just started playing but more importantly: "Wow dude! Did Mike Trout really wear that jersey? That is so awesome!"
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

mike trout stinks. I have no idea why anyone would dump money into his g/u items.
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET