Hello Forum,

I am new to the forum as of five minutes ago and first I'd like to say hello to the community!

Hunt Auction is currently auctioning a 1995 Barry Sanders game model jersey (Lot 991). This was an older 1994 Apex jersey re-tagged as a Reebok jersey for the 1995 season. I understand the changes from Wilson to Apex to Reebok that happened with the Lions jerseys throughout the 90's, and as far as i can tell this jersey meets every requirement to be a 1995 jersey!

My concerns are about the "creative" language within the description of this lot. As I've read many times, the term "pro model jersey" does not mean game used. However the description reads "NFL 75th Anniv. patch removed from shoulder but stitching outline remains giving it probable use in 1995 as well" and "Jersey shows some light usage/perspiration wear and exhibits nice wash wear." One could argue these two quotes imply the jersey was game used. You would think if that were the case, then they would be more direct in the description and it would read "This jersey is game used" as was the case for other jerseys they've auctioned off over the weekend. They seem to use the term "pro model" loosely. Sometimes its a game used jersey and sometimes its not.

I reach out to the experts of this forum to give insight and opinions on the validity of this jersey being game used by Barry Sanders. I've asked Hunt for a copy of the LOA from SCD so I may read it and they have responded that they will scan it to me via email (still waiting). Hunt confirms there is no paperwork from the Lions organization nor did the consignor have any additional paperwork. Has anyone else had a similar experience with Hunt Auction Jerseys and is SCD reputable when it comes to game used memorabilia? I'm hoping the LOA will be more direct and descriptive. The link to the auction is below.

http://www.huntauctions.com/live/ima...=991&lot_qual=

Thank you for your time in advance,

Mike