Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • short84
    • Dec 2008

Re: eBay seller listing bad Witten/Romo "used signed" items

He has moved on to Eli Manning items now. Just look at his purchase history (he buys low priced items such as pants and cleats) and within a few days they are magically signed by Eli. What really hacks me off is that I have reported him to eBay several times and they don't care. He committing fraud and eBay is the enabler.

Comment

• short84
      • Dec 2008

Last sentence should read "He is committing fraud and eBay is the enabler".
      Sorry about that!

Comment

• 42itus
        • Feb 2013

So, a week ago he purchased an NFL football and now he's selling a game used Troy Aikman signed ball. My guess was Romo or Staubach, but it looks like he's got Troy's signature down pretty good. He needs to work on his Witten.

Comment

• earlywynnfan
          • Oct 2005

Seller is claiming that he gets his stuff from his sister-in-law, who works for the Cowboys. I wonder if she's the one with the 3rd grade typing skills?

Ken

Comment

• 42itus
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by earlywynnfan
            Seller is claiming that he gets his stuff from his sister-in-law, who works for the Cowboys. I wonder if she's the one with the 3rd grade typing skills?

Ken
            lol. He told me he got some of his stuff at charity dinners hosted by the Cowboys.

Comment

• sashastanford
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by short84
              Since I submitted my posting here, the seller has received 2 negatives and changed the item description on both the Witten signed shoe and the Romo signed cleats. You think he might be feeling a little heat?
              Well, this totally sucks. I am the sucker who bought the Witten cleate. And yes I do agree the J is horrible. I am quite confused on the paperwork that came with the cleate. It does have the matching hologram sticker that the shoe does but the hologram on the paper was put on upside down and looks shady. Any ideas on what do do or how to prove this stuff is not real. I also bought the troy aikman play book from 1994 and the Tony Romo game used signed pants from 2008. I was hoping to surprise my husband as he is a huge fan but I guess i messed up. Any help in authenticating this stuff would be great. Or proving that it is bad would be even better. Thanks sasha

Comment

• sashastanford
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by short84
                He has moved on to Eli Manning items now. Just look at his purchase history (he buys low priced items such as pants and cleats) and within a few days they are magically signed by Eli. What really hacks me off is that I have reported him to eBay several times and they don't care. He committing fraud and eBay is the enabler.
                Maybe somebody should contact these other poor people and let them in on his tricks. They are assuming he is legit and all the while he is in his dungen making more fake autographed items to sell. I was looking at his track history and there are alot of people out there who think they are getting a great deal and it is sad as heck. I sure thought I was getting an awesome deal for my husband.

Comment

• eisenreich8
                  • Jun 2007

The Giants/Steiner LOA has the ball signed by Eli Maning.

Comment

• short84
                    • Dec 2008

I guess you can contact eBay -- I contacted them 3 times and they didn't give a damn. As you can see, nothing was done -- all the scumbag did was change his user id. If he used the post office then he has committed postal fraud which is a very serious offense. Other than that, you can file a claim with eBay and let them know this guy has committed fraud and you want a complete refund. If you paid using paypal, I would also get them involved and have his account frozen. Good luck.

Comment

• cohibasmoker
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by sashastanford
                      Well, this totally sucks. I am the sucker who bought the Witten cleate. And yes I do agree the J is horrible. I am quite confused on the paperwork that came with the cleate. It does have the matching hologram sticker that the shoe does but the hologram on the paper was put on upside down and looks shady. Any ideas on what do do or how to prove this stuff is not real. I also bought the troy aikman play book from 1994 and the Tony Romo game used signed pants from 2008. I was hoping to surprise my husband as he is a huge fan but I guess i messed up. Any help in authenticating this stuff would be great. Or proving that it is bad would be even better. Thanks sasha
                      File a complaint with eBay - just file the complaint as "item not as described", write a lucid argument and I believe that once you file the complaint, the Seller will have you send them back. I don't think the Seller wants the claim to be escalated to a point where eBay looks at it.

Jim

Comment

• short84
                        • Dec 2008

The Romo pants are now being listed by one of the buyers. The eBay seller ID is gee3434david who purchased several pair from the original scammer. He purchased a pair of "signed" Romo pants, Manning pants and Ware pants. These were listed with a starting bid of $1000 which has now dropped to $800. BEWARE!!!

Comment

Working...