Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

eBay seller listing bad Witten/Romo "used signed" items

Heads up if you are a Cowboys' collector. eBay seller davetriplea puchased a game used Cowboys' turf shoe from me February 2. It was a single shoe not attributed to any particular player (no player number present). It was eBay item 290851928363. It is now listed for sale by davetriplea as game used and signed by Jason Witten, item 251227238073 for $100. The signature is BAD! One look at the "J" in Jason and it is easy to tell it is a forged signature. The seller is also selling a pair of Romo used cleats signed by Tony Romo. They look like a pair he purchased on January 27 as item 181066551937. Now they are marked with a number "9" and signed by Tony Romo as item 181066551937. I am positive the "Witten" shoe is the one I sold him and the Romo shoes such look like the ones he purchased January 27. I reported him to eBay but I am certain they will do nothing.

Re: eBay seller listing bad Witten/Romo "used signed" items

Do you still have the mailing address that you mailed to....sounds like a classic Steve Misturini!

This is who and where I mailed the shoe to:

david wilmoth
    6821 Berry Blossom Dr/
    Canfield, OH 44406

Banned

Check these auctions out - take note of the laces - the games were 16 years apart.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eli-Manning-...p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Emmitt-Smith...-/251222293095

Since I submitted my posting here, the seller has received 2 negatives and changed the item description on both the Witten signed shoe and the Romo signed cleats. You think he might be feeling a little heat?

When looking at the Romo auctions side by side, it's clear that they are the same cleats.

What gets me is his description. "I DO NOT KNOW IF THESE HAS BEEN USED BY TONY ROMO IN A GAME, OR NOT I DO KNOW 100% OF HIM SIGNING THEM"

Dude should definitely be avoided.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by short84 View Post
    Since I submitted my posting here, the seller has received 2 negatives and changed the item description on both the Witten signed shoe and the Romo signed cleats. You think he might be feeling a little heat?
    Well, this totally sucks. I am the sucker who bought the Witten cleate. And yes I do agree the J is horrible. I am quite confused on the paperwork that came with the cleate. It does have the matching hologram sticker that the shoe does but the hologram on the paper was put on upside down and looks shady. Any ideas on what do do or how to prove this stuff is not real. I also bought the troy aikman play book from 1994 and the Tony Romo game used signed pants from 2008. I was hoping to surprise my husband as he is a huge fan but I guess i messed up. Any help in authenticating this stuff would be great. Or proving that it is bad would be even better. Thanks sasha

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sashastanford View Post
    Well, this totally sucks. I am the sucker who bought the Witten cleate. And yes I do agree the J is horrible. I am quite confused on the paperwork that came with the cleate. It does have the matching hologram sticker that the shoe does but the hologram on the paper was put on upside down and looks shady. Any ideas on what do do or how to prove this stuff is not real. I also bought the troy aikman play book from 1994 and the Tony Romo game used signed pants from 2008. I was hoping to surprise my husband as he is a huge fan but I guess i messed up. Any help in authenticating this stuff would be great. Or proving that it is bad would be even better. Thanks sasha
    File a complaint with eBay - just file the complaint as "item not as described", write a lucid argument and I believe that once you file the complaint, the Seller will have you send them back. I don't think the Seller wants the claim to be escalated to a point where eBay looks at it.

Jim

The Romo pants are now being listed by one of the buyers. The eBay seller ID is gee3434david who purchased several pair from the original scammer. He purchased a pair of "signed" Romo pants, Manning pants and Ware pants. These were listed with a starting bid of $1000 which has now dropped to $800. BEWARE!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Autograghed-...f#ht_82wt_1255

This seller just changed his eBay user id to daveamy6821. As of now, he doesn't have any items listed for sale.