Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Mlb.com Authentication Issues And Concerns

I get mistake happen like this, but there are so many of them. If attention to detail isn't there on items like these (which some consider minor), then what other areas are mistakes happening? To me, these are mistakes that can't be downplayed or overlooked.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

I posted some issues (3 items) with WBC i had in another thread, I emailed them and linked the play by play from ESPN website and it was changed overnight.

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by esigs View Post
    Here is another example. The Session Name (ATL AT PHI) and Session Date (July 07, 2012) are incorrect as evidenced by the date listed under Additional Description (9-7-12), which was a game between ATL AT NYM. This error appears on all jerseys on a batch from EK234807 thru EK234827. Furthermore, the next one is EK234828, which is for ATL AT NYM on 9-8-12 (the next game).
    I emailed MLB authentication and got a response in less than 3 hours informing my hologram was corrected. Unfortunately, they corrected one number before mine...

I replied tonight asking for my hologram number, and hopefully they will fix it. Interestingly, I also gave them the range for the entire batch that is wrong, but they only corrected one of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My most recent issue is a 2011 David Murphy game used jersey. It is authenticated to ALCS games 4 and 5 and ALDS game 4, but the inside laundry tag is marked for not only those 3 games but also for WS game 6. It was purchased from the MLB auction this way. I have written both the Rangers and the MLB authentications to ask them about the issue. Does anyone on here know when the rags are marked for post season worn jerseys? If they are marked after each game played then I have a WS gamer! I'd like to ahead some light on this if anyone could help.
    The first authentication issue I had was with Texas Rangers jerseys on the MLB auction that say "game used", but when they are pulled up in the data base, they show up as "autographed jersey". I've seen that several times and even bid on one once. I contacted the rangers and they assured me that it was game used and that the MLB authentication shows up as game used in the site. It clearly did not so I contacted MLB and they said the same thing. A few days went by and I check it again and they had changed it to "game used".

And then you have this example of one with lots of information

I have an alexei ramirez bat that says it was used by alex rios on August 14 2013. The only photos I have seen from him that game he is using an all black bat and this one I have is 2 toned. Alexei didn't play this game but on the next night he did and I found this photo that matches up. It looks like a bat piece flying through the air about the size I am missing on my bat. Also my bat looks barely used like the pick.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hanley-Ramir...item51af409722

Sorry here is the correct link and the broken photo

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/150505560

I have a Cal Ripken ceremony worn jersey that he signed and wore during the Orioles 25th Anniversary celebration that was an MLB Authenticated but just under the autograph jersey section. I have the Team LOA and a photomatch of Cal wearing the jersey and it got changed very fast. They added worn by Cal Ripken during the Orioles 25th Anniversary Celebration on an additional information line.