Quote Originally Posted by tella27 View Post
I messaged this guy on ebay and asked if he would refund all fees that go with having it authenticated if it came back anything other than game worn. The guy was nice but said that he would not refund the fees. In his listing he said he would offer a full refund if it wasnt game worn but not refunding the fees that go with it if its proven to not be game worn is not something I would risk for the amount he's wanting.

Hes asking 3K and you can buy one from Meigray that is game worn for that same price. Without someone standing by their item to be authenticated makes me consider it game issued and not used. Everyone knows that there is a huge price and value difference between issued and worn.
As I said in our emails, 3K was just a starting point. I do not expect to get anywhere near that number.
I will explain this to everyone here as I explained it to tella; The reason I would not offer a refund on the authentication is there is a chance for the buyer to gain quite a bit if/when it comes back as game used. Basically, if someone buys it at a discounted price and it does come back as game used, the jersey is then much more valuable than without the authentication. I seriously doubt a buyer would send me more money because the jersey is now more valuable than when they purchased it. Also, I am selling the jersey as is without authentication. It is up to the buyer to decide if they want to send it in for authentication. If I wanted to pay for the authentication, I would just do it myself. If after a buyer receives the jersey and they themself don't think it is actually GU, then they can send it back for a refund.
I am a reasonable person and very easy to work with as proven by my 100% positive feedback on ebay. I'm just stepping out of my expertise when it comes to gu/gi jerseys. All the information I have for the jersey has been posted. And from what I can tell it seems to be a legit gu jersey. But like I said, I'm no expert...