Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question New Member - John Wall Gamer - Question on Authentication

Hello all! I am a new member. I have been enjoying this site for a bit but just got registered. Anyway, seeing as how there are a ton of experts here, I figured this is the place to come for info. I was wondering if there is a company that will authenticate game used NBA jerseys? Or if there is a definitive way to tell if a particular jersey is game used? The jersey in question is pictured below. Here is the back story on the jersey; it was given to a fan at a Wizards game. I believe from the 2011/12 season. The fan lives in Louisville, KY and is a UK season ticket holder and school booster. Wall signed the jersey for her. She then donated the jersey to a local charity, here in Louisville, and it was given away in a raffle. Tickets were $5.00. I purchased the jersey from the orginal winner of the raffle.
    I have compared it t several know gamers(meigray, etc.) and everything look right. The tag number seems to fall within the correct numbers of the authentic ones. That is all the info I have on it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    The pics:

Banned

Re: New Member - John Wall Gamer - Question on Authentication

MEARS I would recommend. Mei Grey won't authenticate NBA jerseys from last year I believe because they have a contract with the NBA to sell said jerseys. Panini is Wall's game used agent so they have authentic examples on their website to compare to as does Mei Grey. As far as wear most NBA gamers are one game jersey so there is not going to be much wear. The only fool proof way to ensure its game used is if the player handed it to you. It is unlikely that you will be able to photo match an NBA jersey. The NBA authentic tag is also used on game issued jerseys so that is no help.

Smile Re: New Member - John Wall Gamer - Question on Authentication

i have check the tracking number on the meigray tag of your jersey in Meigray database but found nothing. i means that meigray didn't record it as a game worn one. But at least it's a gi and has chance to be a gu .

my email is richardhong93@gmail.com if you have more questions ,email me!

Banned

It looks just like the GU jerseys I have of other players, so I'd say it's at least game-issued. Will be really hard to tell about the wear to be honest.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by richardhong View Post
    i have check the tracking number on the meigray tag of your jersey in Meigray database but found nothing. i means that meigray didn't record it as a game worn one. But at least it's a gi and has chance to be a gu .
    The database only has jerseys MEIGRAY sold.

I messaged this guy on ebay and asked if he would refund all fees that go with having it authenticated if it came back anything other than game worn. The guy was nice but said that he would not refund the fees. In his listing he said he would offer a full refund if it wasnt game worn but not refunding the fees that go with it if its proven to not be game worn is not something I would risk for the amount he's wanting.

Hes asking 3K and you can buy one from Meigray that is game worn for that same price. Without someone standing by their item to be authenticated makes me consider it game issued and not used. Everyone knows that there is a huge price and value difference between issued and worn.

Quote Originally Posted by tella27 View Post
    I messaged this guy on ebay and asked if he would refund all fees that go with having it authenticated if it came back anything other than game worn. The guy was nice but said that he would not refund the fees. In his listing he said he would offer a full refund if it wasnt game worn but not refunding the fees that go with it if its proven to not be game worn is not something I would risk for the amount he's wanting.

Hes asking 3K and you can buy one from Meigray that is game worn for that same price. Without someone standing by their item to be authenticated makes me consider it game issued and not used. Everyone knows that there is a huge price and value difference between issued and worn.
    As I said in our emails, 3K was just a starting point. I do not expect to get anywhere near that number.
    I will explain this to everyone here as I explained it to tella; The reason I would not offer a refund on the authentication is there is a chance for the buyer to gain quite a bit if/when it comes back as game used. Basically, if someone buys it at a discounted price and it does come back as game used, the jersey is then much more valuable than without the authentication. I seriously doubt a buyer would send me more money because the jersey is now more valuable than when they purchased it. Also, I am selling the jersey as is without authentication. It is up to the buyer to decide if they want to send it in for authentication. If I wanted to pay for the authentication, I would just do it myself. If after a buyer receives the jersey and they themself don't think it is actually GU, then they can send it back for a refund.
    I am a reasonable person and very easy to work with as proven by my 100% positive feedback on ebay. I'm just stepping out of my expertise when it comes to gu/gi jerseys. All the information I have for the jersey has been posted. And from what I can tell it seems to be a legit gu jersey. But like I said, I'm no expert...

Banned

3k is insane for a Wall. The guy is a zero time allstar. Panini his exclusive game used agent has been selling one from his rookie year for $2,499.99 without success for several years now. Here is the link:

http://www.paniniauthentic.com/memor...scription.html

Banned

Are you sure you don't want to get it cheaper as 'game issued' so you can then sell it as 'game worn'?

http://gameusedcollector.com/index.php/topic,615.0.html