Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BHawk
    • Apr 2009

"Henry Aaron" Feeney Ball

I have an Official National League (Feeney) ball with a small Henry Aaron stamped in script on the panel above the ONL stamp. Does anyone know where this might have come from? It doesn't look like a facsimile autograph.
  • BHawk
    • Apr 2009

Re: "Henry Aaron" Feeney Ball

Here's a photo.
    Attached Files

Comment

• sportsnbikes
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by BHawk
      I have an Official National League (Feeney) ball with a small Henry Aaron stamped in script on the panel above the ONL stamp. Does anyone know where this might have come from? It doesn't look like a facsimile autograph.

To me it does look like a facsimile autograph. But then again I'm no expert. If they made a single signature facsimile, surely they would have sweet spotted it.

Comment

• BHawk
        • Apr 2009

Well, technically it is a facsimile, since it's not real. But it doesn't look like an attempt to match Hank's signature, and as you point out it's a typical size or placement. That's what makes me curious.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
          Banned
          • Apr 2009

Back in 1974, the idea of sweet spot-signed, single player baseballs had yet to catch on. Considering that, the location of the facsimile autograph may not be as odd as first assumed.

Dave Miedema

Comment

Working...