Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ebay best offer price hidden? Heres a trick to see price

I believe the ebay mobile app shows the accepted offer as well

If you go into the completed listing and click on the "Print" link, it will show you the sale price.

I see the actual offer taken under recently viewed items.

Question. What percent of an offer becomes to insulting to the seller that the seller ignores the offer and lets it expire? At what point wont the seller make a counter offer?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post

Question. What percent of an offer becomes to insulting to the seller that the seller ignores the offer and lets it expire? At what point wont the seller make a counter offer?
    Here are my thoughts... If I'm interested in an item, I just offer approximately what it's worth to me. The sellers asking price is irrelevant to me in most cases. Afterall, look at some of the ridiculous buy it now prices. The worst they can do is reject the offer with a bitter comment. I find, in many cases, sellers just put a crazy high price and are prepared to field offers and quickly negotiate a lower price. So, with that in mind, I don't worry about what's offensive or how the offer compares to their asking price. If it's priced right, I make a fair and typically close offer, as not to miss out on an item I want.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post

I always look through the sellers past auctions to see what kind of offers the seller accepts. If I see the seller has sold items at 50% off their asking price I will be aggressive with my offer. If I see the opposite and the seller has only sold items close to their asking price and I feel their price is high I will typically message the seller directly and see if something can be worked out. This way I avoid insulting the seller.

They have now removed the PRINT option on all auctions now. I guess Ebay has caught on to finding out the final price on a best offer auction.