Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Frank Thomas A's BP Jersey on ebay

After conducting my due diligence, I have decided to pass on this jersey as there is too much uncertainty for me. I would be curious as to what others have to say about this alleged Thomas jersey.

Thomas ebay jersey

My research indicates this style was worn during BP from 2003-2006. Thomas was only there in 2006, whereas Brad Fischer (coach) wore 35 in 03-05. If it was a size 52, I would have pulled the trigger, but looking at photos of Fischer I could see him wearing a size 50. Other than that, there isn't much to go on other than intuition. Seller claims to have purchased 2 Thomas BP jerseys at the garage sale in 2007, where he sold the other one on ebay in May of 2009 (there is a thread on here about that jersey). The fact the wash tag is crisp could make this from the latter years of the style.

Thoughts?

Re: Frank Thomas A's BP Jersey on ebay

Not able to let this go just yet, some may find it relevant that the seller is RJW Enterprises, aka Robb Wochnick, aka Sports Warehouse.

This jersey has been on eBay for maybe 3-4 years now. It's been discussed here before. Basically originally was a blank that was made to look like franks. At one point a board member did purchase it and returned it as it showed no use whatso ever. How do we know it was an issue blank...a board member was the one who was hired to put the 35 on it. Feel glad that you stayed away.

Wade

Rob Wochnik is a TOTAL scumbag. Back in the early 80's I got into collecting and didn't know much about jerseys, and bought a "game used Cal Ripken" jersey, no GUU site to look into. I paid $1,100 for it in payments. I got it and wore it proudly. Finally someone told me it was fake. He then goes belly up and I'm stuck with this fake. Whoever supports him is an a**h**e also. If I ever get a chance to meet up with him, I promise, I'll hurt him. No wonder he sold out, he's lower than baby crap. How about we all start ripping him publicly and out him big time.

Quote Originally Posted by jtnatalierica View Post
    Rob Wochnik is a TOTAL scumbag. Back in the early 80's I got into collecting and didn't know much about jerseys, and bought a "game used Cal Ripken" jersey, no GUU site to look into. I paid $1,100 for it in payments. I got it and wore it proudly. Finally someone told me it was fake. He then goes belly up and I'm stuck with this fake. Whoever supports him is an a**h**e also. If I ever get a chance to meet up with him, I promise, I'll hurt him. No wonder he sold out, he's lower than baby crap. How about we all start ripping him publicly and out him big time.
    I know this wasn't the crux of the post, but you wore (what you thought) was a Ripken gamer?!
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Banned

absolute 1000000000% truth!

Banned

Don't feel bad in 93 when all those bogus champion (92/93)NBA procuts went out,,this slob carried almost all the star players of that era. I just entered the collecting world as you and this pig slime sold me a ewing,as a game used, for close the same as you paid for the Rip. I'd second on the Big hurt to him.