Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Lightbulb Re: NBA collectors question

Nick:

You won't have to worry about Starter for 1980s jerseys...they only made NBA gamers for two seasons (1997-98 and 1998-99) I won't say there aren't any, but Champion jerseys pre-1990/91 are very few and far between. Champion got the NBA uniform contract that year, and had a league exclusive through 1996-97. After that, until 2001-02, they supplied a small number of NBA clubs.

Stockton wore Sand-Knit from 1984-90, then Champion from 1990-2002, and, for 2002-03, wore Reebok. His jerseys are very small....nearly everything I've seen has been a 40 or a 42, the latter being later in his career. Also,most of his gamers have no extra length; the ones that do, late career again, have 2 inches. Finally, jerseys from pre-1986/87 will not have an NBA logo on the shoulder front.

I hope this helps.

Dave Miedema

Re: NBA collectors question

Dave-

As always, I appreciate your help. I will definitely store that information for later reference.

Does anyone know how many of each jersey were typically made for each player throughout the course of an NBA season? I'm only interested in the 1980's & 90's as I understand that more modern stuff is a whole different ballgame. Wondering how the NBA compares to MLB (2-3 each road/home) & NFL (same) when it comes to this. Obviously, I understand there are always exceptions to the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    Research - and the internet is the main tool to get it done. I'm researching this jersey now. From what I've found, in the late 1960's, every Laker's jersey was made out of durene material and each jersey was custom made for each player by Tiernan. They did not apply the Tiernan tag until the 1970's. Now the idea is to photo-match it which may be the most difficult part of the research.

Jim
    Damn dude. I don't even like the Lakers, but that's my holy grail! Sweet like bear meat! I'm sure the names Erwin Mueller and John block have been mentioned to you.
    This one is Tiernan made. No mfg tag, only a tiny size tag. Most likely the exact same durene weave used for 60s Lakers shirts.