Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • astros5.7
    • Oct 2010

Re: Here we go again

I own a road Berkman from 2010 that shows good use and is photo matched, it is authenticated as issued and has a hole punched in the wash tag. Link below.

And another thread related to holes being punched in wash tags.

Comment

• marino13
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by trsent
      Michael, I'm not sure what your issue is, but this jersey is a Steiner jersey from Grey Flannel and I'm not sure what your point is except an attack with no merit and clearly abusing forum policies.

The jersey was listed in Grey Flannel who works with Steiner and it appears identical to that jersey and you think the seller, who is under a microscope as Ken mentioned above, would counterfeit a hologram?

Without any proof your accusations are out of line and unprofessional. I'm not sure what you are trying to prove, but it is pretty sad your line of attack bringing up points that are not even close to being realistic.

No one can make accusations without first having some proof to back it up. If that was the case this forum wouldn't exist as it would be unprofessional and just a waste of time.

Good for you Steiner has your number on speed dial. I wouldn't brag about that. I like your fool and his money comment. That usually describes customer who Steiner has on their speed dial.

hahahahaa.

.... I am just curious, why do you defend this person? What is in it for you?

As stated by many other members about the seller "being indicted, fraud, altered game used and so forth", so here is another quote for you

"if it walk like a duck, quack like a duck, it aint no F***king chicken"

As for the hole being punch in wash tag - my only experiences are with Yankees jersey. I spoke and deal with Efrain in the past and anyone here can voucher that Efrain is one stand up guy who support the collector while working for Steiner. He was very straight and arrow about Yankees stuff. I have no reason to doubt him and his saying whatsoever. He got no benefit from it.

as for MLB hologram being copied, I wished I had taken the picture of it before I mentioned it to the seller. But then again, I can always go to Kinko or Staples and test out this theory myself. How difficult can it be to copy a picture of something and take a picture of the copy?

Comment

• astros5.7
        • Oct 2010

The photo matched Berkman jersey I am referencing is a Yankees jersey and MLB authenticated as issued to #17. That clearly shows that it isn't a blank jersey. I talked to the exact same person you did after I purchased the jersey, and I was told any jersey that was MLB authenticated as game issued had a hole punched in the wash tag, whether it showed use or not.

Comment

• trsent
          Banned
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by marino13

hahahahaa.

.... I am just curious, why do you defend this person? What is in it for you?

As stated by many other members about the seller "being indicted, fraud, altered game used and so forth", so here is another quote for you

"if it walk like a duck, quack like a duck, it aint no F***king chicken"

As for the hole being punch in wash tag - my only experiences are with Yankees jersey. I spoke and deal with Efrain in the past and anyone here can voucher that Efrain is one stand up guy who support the collector while working for Steiner. He was very straight and arrow about Yankees stuff. I have no reason to doubt him and his saying whatsoever. He got no benefit from it.

as for MLB hologram being copied, I wished I had taken the picture of it before I mentioned it to the seller. But then again, I can always go to Kinko or Staples and test out this theory myself. How difficult can it be to copy a picture of something and take a picture of the copy?
          It isn't about the person selling the jersey, it is about you making up accusations on a perfectly legitimate and original jersey. You are basically making false accusations and why?

Do you have any proof that the seller copied the hologram and placed it on a different jersey than the one sold by Grey Flannel? If not, you do not have the right to make up stuff.

I could come on this forum and make up stuff too if I lived in a dream word, but I don't, I live in reality.

I'd guarantee jersey is legitimate and original as purchased from Grey Flannel - You made up stuff, didn't email the seller in advance and are looking for trouble yourself by not being a respectable person playing by the rules of common decency.

Comment

• yanks12025
            • Jan 2006

It's not orginal considering the Steiner tag has been messed with.

Comment

• marino13
              • Feb 2010

The steiner hologram has been tampered with -- how would anyone explained the multiple creases on a not so easy creased hologram?

Only logical answer -- it was creased during the removal process!

Now, if the letter is available, no one would question but I still would with the multiples deep creases on the hologram.

As for copy MLB hologram, I never stated that the seller copied it and so forth. What I said was I have encountered in person at a convention --- a random seller has game used jersey with copied MLB hologram tag! After letting the seller knows the discrepancy, the jersey was removed from display. What happen to it -- I DONT CARE. It just shocked me at that moment that it actually happened!

Now I guess, we have "blank" and "issued" situation -- they both have hole-punch in the tag. How would you know which is which IF the letter LOA is not available?

Comment

• marino13
                • Feb 2010

not being a respectable person playing by the rules of common decency.

hmmm, this description qualify to a lot of newly release prisoner or the convicted by his fellow peers.

And this statement DOES NOT meant for the seller -- it is for:

"Walk like a duck, quack like a duck, have ducklings telling observers it's a a chicken .... IT AINT A F***KING CHICKEN

And just a side thought, while you defend this jersey (could careless about the seller) -- I guess, this your jersey?

Comment

• cliffjmp33
                  • Jun 2010

I don't have any clue either way about legitimacy, so I won't even wager a comment.

However, I noticed the seller, masauction, and I remember that name being mentioned before in previous posts. I think it may be worth time to read previous comments about that seller.
                  Cheers,
                  Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
                  My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

• astros5.7
                    • Oct 2010

To be clear, I am not defending the seller, a quick search would tell most people to stay clear of his auctions given his past.

My main point is that having a hole punched in the tag doesn't mean that it is a blank. I have shown several examples of people having game worn and issued jerseys that have the hole punched in the wash tag.

Comment

• trsent
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2005

I just don't get what is altered about the Steiner tag. Someone says it moved from one listing to another? I'm very confused what the issue is. Does anyone have any proof this jersey isn't the same jersey from the Grey Flannel listing to the eBay listing?

Comment

• earlywynnfan
                        • Oct 2005

The pinstripes seem to match up to my eye, I cannot see how they are different jerseys. The seller claims the hologram "slid over" during handling. How is this possible??

Ken

Comment

• trsent
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by earlywynnfan
                          The pinstripes seem to match up to my eye, I cannot see how they are different jerseys. The seller claims the hologram "slid over" during handling. How is this possible??

Ken
                          Ken, who knows? Nice to hear the jerseys match-up. Can't imagine how a hologram would slide over, but whatever, at least the jersey appears original.

Comment

• ChuckFoPrez
                            • Jun 2007

Ken, who knows? Nice to hear the jerseys match-up. Can't imagine how a hologram would slide over, but whatever, at least the jersey appears original.
                            It's entirely possible for that to happen, the adhesive on the back can break down due to heat and age and become this real sticky glue-like substance that the sticker can effectively float on and move with relative ease. That said, there should be a residue trail from the original point of placement if this were the case.

Just my $0.02

Comment

• marino13
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by earlywynnfan

Ken
                              Did you ask how bad was the handling that cause the hologram not only slid over and a couple deep heavy creases?

Or just maybe, the hologram wants to follow with the current trend. It is doing the "harlem shake"?

Comment

• slab0meat
                                • May 2010

It's certainly possible it moved (see my post above).. no idea about creases or whatever, but those holograms don't always stick very well.

Comment

Working...