Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Here we go again

The steiner hologram has been tampered with -- how would anyone explained the multiple creases on a not so easy creased hologram?

Only logical answer -- it was creased during the removal process!

Now, if the letter is available, no one would question but I still would with the multiples deep creases on the hologram.

As for copy MLB hologram, I never stated that the seller copied it and so forth. What I said was I have encountered in person at a convention --- a random seller has game used jersey with copied MLB hologram tag! After letting the seller knows the discrepancy, the jersey was removed from display. What happen to it -- I DONT CARE. It just shocked me at that moment that it actually happened!

Now I guess, we have "blank" and "issued" situation -- they both have hole-punch in the tag. How would you know which is which IF the letter LOA is not available?

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    not being a respectable person playing by the rules of common decency.

hmmm, this description qualify to a lot of newly release prisoner or the convicted by his fellow peers.

And this statement DOES NOT meant for the seller -- it is for:

"Walk like a duck, quack like a duck, have ducklings telling observers it's a a chicken .... IT AINT A F***KING CHICKEN

And just a side thought, while you defend this jersey (could careless about the seller) -- I guess, this your jersey?

I don't have any clue either way about legitimacy, so I won't even wager a comment.

However, I noticed the seller, masauction, and I remember that name being mentioned before in previous posts. I think it may be worth time to read previous comments about that seller.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

To be clear, I am not defending the seller, a quick search would tell most people to stay clear of his auctions given his past.

My main point is that having a hole punched in the tag doesn't mean that it is a blank. I have shown several examples of people having game worn and issued jerseys that have the hole punched in the wash tag.

Banned

I just don't get what is altered about the Steiner tag. Someone says it moved from one listing to another? I'm very confused what the issue is. Does anyone have any proof this jersey isn't the same jersey from the Grey Flannel listing to the eBay listing?

The pinstripes seem to match up to my eye, I cannot see how they are different jerseys. The seller claims the hologram "slid over" during handling. How is this possible??

Ken

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    The pinstripes seem to match up to my eye, I cannot see how they are different jerseys. The seller claims the hologram "slid over" during handling. How is this possible??

Ken
    Ken, who knows? Nice to hear the jerseys match-up. Can't imagine how a hologram would slide over, but whatever, at least the jersey appears original.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Ken, who knows? Nice to hear the jerseys match-up. Can't imagine how a hologram would slide over, but whatever, at least the jersey appears original.
    It's entirely possible for that to happen, the adhesive on the back can break down due to heat and age and become this real sticky glue-like substance that the sticker can effectively float on and move with relative ease. That said, there should be a residue trail from the original point of placement if this were the case.

Just my $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post

Ken
    Did you ask how bad was the handling that cause the hologram not only slid over and a couple deep heavy creases?

Or just maybe, the hologram wants to follow with the current trend. It is doing the "harlem shake"?

It's certainly possible it moved (see my post above).. no idea about creases or whatever, but those holograms don't always stick very well.