Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Here we go again

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Robinson-Can...item4ac1c35692

There are just a couple of wrongs on this item:

1. Misplaced Steiner LOA

2. Steiner hologram on the tag looked like someone did a lousy job.

3. The wash tag looked funny to me.

The only thing look right is the MLB hologram, but then again....

Re: Here we go again

Steiner does a lousy job on a lot of holos

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Robinson-Can...item4ac1c35692

There are just a couple of wrongs on this item:

1. Misplaced Steiner LOA

2. Steiner hologram on the tag looked like someone did a lousy job.

3. The wash tag looked funny to me.

The only thing look right is the MLB hologram, but then again....
    I don't understand, you are upset the Steiner LOA was missing and their hologram is on crooked? The item appears 100% legit.

Did you email the seller with your concerns before calling it out on Game Used Universe?

Here is the jersey last time it sold:

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.c...LOA)-(GMS-Patc

Looks identical to me, just the Steiner LOA was lost.

Joel,
    Why was the steiner hologram removed and put back on? In the two auctions, it's in different places.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Joel,
    Why was the steiner hologram removed and put back on? In the two auctions, it's in different places.

Why did the HOLOGRAM removed in the first place?

Another thing that stood out, the wash tag being punched? I have about 10 of Yankees game used jerseys and NONE of mine has a hole-punched on it.

Coincident?

I want to know if other Yankees jersey collectors - check the wash-tag and see if there is a hole-punched on it.

Like I said, the only thing looks semi-legit is the the MLB hologram. Cant tell if that even legit from the photo.

Banned

So, did you ask the seller your questions before posting the on the forum?

No one is above the rules of this forum.

I don't see the issues, the jersey is apperars to be a legitimate pro-cut or whatever, but you seem to think Steiner and the current seller are up to no good? What makes the MLB hologram questionable? Are you just looking for trouble?

The Steiner sticker has moved? I guess you guys are really pfishing here.

Banned

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...hread.php?t=99

16. In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, the poster should clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, we recommend that the poster questioning an item attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item. In addition, while this forum is designed to help educate collectors, we will not allow comments that accuse entities in the hobby of participating in any form of criminal wrong-doing. Any posts suggesting criminal wrong-doing should be brought to the attention of the moderators immediately.

So, I don't see any reason the seller wasn't contacted. It is really possible to click the eBay Ask A Question button.

If you think there is criminial wrong-doing, did you contact the forum moderators immediatley?

before Efrain left steiner i had communicated with him about the punched holes in the tagging
    he stated that steiner had done this with all jerseys collected at season end which were holo'ed by MLB as issued
    i have a few 2010 jerseys tagged as holo'ed with obvious wear simply due to authenticors not seeing the item come off the players back
    what im trying to say is don't be thrown off by hole punched in tag--many 2010 NYY jerseys have that
    PJB

I also spoke with Efrain in the past and he also mentioned about the whole punched on wash tag as "no number" jersey.

And pulled one of my blank jersey which I wore to many games --- sure enough, there is a hole punch on it.

Now back to the point of the hologram, I have seen "photo copied" of the so called hologram at a collectible show. I pointed out to the dealer and he was shocked that it looked just like the real deal. He was pissed that he had put that game used jersey away.

With all the high tech printer out there, it is NOT that difficult to "custom made" an existing hologram.

Misplace LOA? It can happen.

The condition of the Steiner hologram when it was auction off is VERY VERY different from the one currently being auctioned.

Another thing, hologram doesnt just fall off on its own. The blank jersey I wore to the games and been washed and dried so many time i can count -- the Steiner hologram still STUCK on there. So, the excuse of the hologram just fell off and being put back is just kinda iffy at best!

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    So, did you ask the seller your questions before posting the on the forum?

No one is above the rules of this forum.

I don't see the issues, the jersey is apperars to be a legitimate pro-cut or whatever, but you seem to think Steiner and the current seller are up to no good? What makes the MLB hologram questionable? Are you just looking for trouble?

The Steiner sticker has moved? I guess you guys are really pfishing here.

Hmm, where did I say that Steiner is being up to no good?

Shit, if they were up to no good - they would have lose my number on their speed-dial. I spend more than I made with Steiner and I know what their stuff look like 99% of the time.

I just spoke with a closed friend there - they do not reused holograms that show that shown some kind of tampering (accident or not). Bent, crease or the mirror image has evidence of that. They dont want to leave any doubt on the holograms on their stuff.

I guess to each his own when it comes to purchase any item - questionable or not. "Fool and his money will part" when you dont research and question item you are buying. But thanks to this "education" forum, a lot of newbies wont make that mistake.