Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ebay 1969 Packers game worn jersey

Does anyone else have problems with this 1969 Packers jersey? While I'm by no means an expert on all Packer jerseys, about the only thing that appears correct is that it is a durene jersey. Other than that, the cut around the neck (the neck opening should be cut into the shoulder area), the number font, and even the sleeves look wrong on this jersey. If this is a legit packers jersey please let me know.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-JOHN-RO...ht_2709wt_1141

Re: ebay 1969 Packers game worn jersey

It was originally sold by Mears in their Dec. 2012 auction.

http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.co...px?lotid=52507

I'm not sure why Mears never attributed it to a player like the Ebay listing does.

I agree on the cut of the neck. All the pics I've been able to find has the front horizontal seam running across the lower neck line.

On another note, why would you want to restore the number instead of keeping it like it came off the field?

Mike

number font off (where's the "Packer 5", also it does seem like some of them had a different style of 5 but still this one seems too thick), NFL patch too close to the numbers so not a style match with the Adderley jersey, no tagging. It's possible that buried under all the restoration it's a real Packers jersey with all of the repairs but the numbers and patch aren't right, again in my opinion. And the color even seems a bit off to my eye, maybe a shade too light with the green but could just be my imagination, all of the above just my opinions. A question I like to always ask though is if not a Packers jersey, what is it?

Here are some 1969 Packers photos. http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Se...ssetType=image

Does the NFL 50 year patch look original to anyone? Looks minty and un-used.

Attached Images Attached Images  

This jersey originally sold on ebay perhaps 4-6 months ago. I tried to buy it before there were bids. It had original numbers that were the older Packer font from prior to 1966. They were tattered and hanging on the jersey. The sleeve numbers were in better shape and you could see that it was an early 60's Packer jersey from the font of the #5. I thought it might be an Emlen Tunnell jersey. It sat at less than 50 bucks for days. Apparently someone told the seller that it might be a Tunnell as he ended it and relisted it as a Tunnell jersey. I threw a bid at it during the last few seconds and was the backup bidder. I was going to keep it the way it was and frame it - squishing it in the frame to keep the tattered numbers in place for display. Next thing I know it is on Mears with new numbers - that are not any Packer font. Then I see the reproduction shriveled up NFL 50 year patch on it. As an old helmet friend of mine used to say, "Aiy -yi-yi." Now it is back on ebay after selling or perhaps not selling through Mears - with a Mears LOA. Yikes.

Horrible. Just horrible.

That is unfortunate to say the least!

Very depressing.

Really good and interesting info Helmets, thanks for the post.

Mike

For educational purposes, could someone please post a photo(s) comparing an actual 50th NFL patch to the reproduction patch.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net