Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Grey Flannel auctions

Sadly, this is what has come of this forum, children posting .gif's and asking about their feelings.

Maybe if the classifieds cap was raised to $1k, more adults would visit this site on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Sadly, this is what has come of this forum, children posting .gif's and asking about their feelings.

Maybe if the classifieds cap was raised to $1k, more adults would visit this site on a regular basis.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    I guess I have a problem with saying the number over the phone and not knowing who may be listening. I don't know. I figure there is really no protection.
    Maybe I am just old fashioned.
    And to be honest I was put off by her even asking for it. Most companies have a place to do that on their websites. I have not given my credit card number out over the phone in over 20 years I bet.

As stated, there is protection.

I don't understand your hesitation, when it sounds like you have no problem with it on websites? I don't think their phones are tapped and it's going to be used maliciously. If I was to be paranoid over one thing or the other (phone or through a website) I'd pick the website, though in reality I'm neither.

BUT, each to his own. They were the first auction house I tried joining (I'd only bought on eBay, C-to-C on sites, and registered for that one 8 D auction)... since I had no real references, they asked for the credit card number, I gave it. No waiting, I spoke to the lady shortly after I sent the application, she was friendly, joked a little, and that was that.

After reading what other well respected members here have gone through with them I am glad I didn't register with them.

No lose for either of us.

I am not mad about it, I accept it for what it is.
    I was wondering if I made a rash decision and wanted to know what other member thought. Actually the decision was made for me.

I didn't attack first. I was attacked by Nnunnari and scolded like I was his child. I don't take being scolded very well. Some members here act like their opinion is the only opinion and unless you agree with them then you can't join the club.
    That's not right.
    My opinion, right or wrong in your eyes is still my opinion and you should respect it because it's mine. You don't have to agree with me. But don't jump onto me like a deranged pit bull and expect me to cower in a corner.

I can't understand the members who keep telling me what or what not I should worry about.
    I worry about giving my credit card info out over the phone. SO WHAT? Get over yourselves.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

"Attacked and scolded" when all I did was ask what the big deal was with giving your card info. Roardy, you win the award for most sensitive forum member ever.

Please, if you're going to post a thread on here, make it worth the people's time to click on the link and read. Either have something educational to say or a legitimate question.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    I, too, have been banned from bidding in GF auctions because I pointed out problems with several Cardinals jerseys in one of their auctions. I was berated on the phone by GF's owner and told I had no credibility. They eventually pulled six of the nine jerseys I questioned, but I still was banned. GF has zero integrity in my book. I don't miss bidding in their auctions.
    That happened to me too. They turn very thuggish when you point out mistakes. I'd never do business with them.

I don't get the big deal of giving them your credit card number over the phone? Are you afraid they're going to rip you off?
    In the day and age of identity theft, i personally, rarely let any company store my credit card info. Theres actually only 1 company i have my card on file for and even then i dont let them store it on a computer.

For yall to keep saying whats the big deal, to me is funny. Hopefully one of the places that store yalls info doesnt get hacked...

"Attacked and scolded" when all I did was ask what the big deal was with giving your card info. Roardy, you win the award for most sensitive forum member ever.

Please, if you're going to post a thread on here, make it worth the people's time to click on the link and read. Either have something educational to say or a legitimate question.
    And yet you keep reading and responding. Does that mean the only threads you can keep up with are those not worth reading.

Many others here have responded with encouragement or stories of their own of Grey Flannel bad practices. Are you insulting them too.
    What do you have to say to them? Any words of wisdom for them?