X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flamechicken
    • Jul 2010

Re: Grey Flannel auctions

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
    The problem with that is despite what most collectors think they are not always right about an item. One collector may be convinced an item is misdescribed yet the auction house may have just as compelling a case as to why the description is accurate. Who is to say one or the other is right?
    I understand your point, but I was referring to irrefutable evidence (whatever type of evidence that may be.) I would never call out an auction house on a hunch or the mere possibility that their information was not correct.

Mike

Comment

• helmets
      • Mar 2008

Years ago I went to log into my GF account and couldn't. When I called them, I was told that I was banned for not paying for an item. When I asked the lady what item, I was told a jersey. I had never bid on any jerseys with them. At the time I didn't own any jerseys or have any interest in jerseys. I argued for a bit but was told I was banned. The only thing that I can think was that I had participated in some threads, on here, about some bogus football helmets that they had on an auction.

I have spent thousands with Heritage, Hunt, Mears, AMI, Mile High, and others. I have paid for any and every item that I have bid on. I haven't looked at a GF auction in years.
      Buying game used helmets of Packers - all eras as well as game used helmets of HOFers or future HOFers.

Comment

• Roady
        • Jun 2012

I received my rejection email in just minutes after telling her that I would think about it (providing my credit card number) and let her know.
        I had that first impression thing but thought maybe I was just being thin skinned. I guess in this case my first impression was correct.
        I appreciate everyone's input.

Comment

• Nnunnari
          Banned
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Roady
          I received my rejection email in just minutes after telling her that I would think about it (providing my credit card number) and let her know.
          I had that first impression thing but thought maybe I was just being thin skinned. I guess in this case my first impression was correct.
          I appreciate everyone's input.
          I don't get the big deal of giving them your credit card number over the phone? Are you afraid they're going to rip you off?

Comment

• Roady
            • Jun 2012

I guess I have a problem with saying the number over the phone and not knowing who may be listening. I don't know. I figure there is really no protection.
            Maybe I am just old fashioned.
            And to be honest I was put off by her even asking for it. Most companies have a place to do that on their websites. I have not given my credit card number out over the phone in over 20 years I bet.

Comment

• Roady
              • Jun 2012

Nnunnari,
              And in regards to your last question, which strikes me as a bit snide, I don't believe they would rip me off.
              That was just a silly question to ask and to be honest I don't appreciate the tone in which you ask it. Seemed kind of confrontational.
              Have I answered your questions thoroughly enough?

Comment

• jbean023
                • Nov 2011

Roady could you please email me, thanks.

Comment

• Roady
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by jbean023
                  Roady could you please email me, thanks.
                  Done

Comment

• trsent
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2005

I don't mind if an auction house asks for a credit card, it is 2013 and you are protected from unauthorized charges. I don't understand why this isn't asked for with the original application but if they ask for it on the phone I would guess it shouldn't be a big deal, but the fact that you were denied after this is just silly and abusive by Grey Flannel. If I consigned to them, I would be insulted to hear potential bidders are being turned away.

Comment

• Roady
                      • Jun 2012

Probably just saved me money in the long run anyway. So it's all good.
                      Their business, their rules. I won't lose any sleep over it.

Comment

• Nnunnari
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Roady
                        Nnunnari,
                        And in regards to your last question, which strikes me as a bit snide, I don't believe they would rip me off.
                        That was just a silly question to ask and to be honest I don't appreciate the tone in which you ask it. Seemed kind of confrontational.
                        Have I answered your questions thoroughly enough?
                        Silly question? You're making a big deal about nothing and are paranoid. If you want to bid in their auction, give them your credit card number and move on. You started a thread looking to bad mouth an auction house when they are simply doing their due diligence. Sorry you had to "go through so much trouble" of providing a credit card number.
                        On top of that, you want a forum to chime in on how you're "feeling". Really?

Comment

• Roady
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Nnunnari
                          Silly question? You're making a big deal about nothing and are paranoid. If you want to bid in their auction, give them your credit card number and move on. You started a thread looking to bad mouth an auction house when they are simply doing their due diligence. Sorry you had to "go through so much trouble" of providing a credit card number.
                          On top of that, you want a forum to chime in on how you're "feeling". Really?
                          So, is this who you consign your items through? Or do you just like confrontation?
                          Either way, that chip on your shoulder is the size of a tree.

Comment

• Roady
                            • Jun 2012

Attached Files

Comment

• Nnunnari
                              Banned
                              • Sep 2006

You're wasting everybody's time Roady. Put on your big boy pants and move on.

Comment

• Roady
                                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Nnunnari
                                You're wasting everybody's time Roady. Put on your big boy pants and move on.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...