Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hey everyone....photo matching question

Hey all!

I am new to the forum and have been collecting since i was teenager but just started taking it more serious. I recently picked up a Kobe game used jersey from american memorabilia auction and it looks to be game used. My question is i want to do all i can to get proper authentication and ideally that would include photo matching. I feel like i matches the jersey from game 4 against PHX in the 2006 playoffs which would be amazing if it is, but Getty images only has pics from 2 games in that 05-06 season with the white jersey so i cant be 100% positive. I've contacted Meigray and they said they don't photo match or authenticate items that came out before there NBA program. Are there any other ways to go about this or any other trusted authentication? Any response would be a huge help and thanks again everyone!

Re: Hey everyone....photo matching question

Bump! any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again guys!

I don't know about photo matching but member DanConLA is the expert on Kobe and Laker gear. His contact info is DAN dceniceros248@yahoo.com 323 257-4898. It is in his signature line so I don't think I'm out of line posting it here. There is a Kobe Bryant Jersey thread if you use the search function.

Peace!

John

an option would be to send it to MEARS for their professional evaluation

Thanks again guys! I will check out Mears....do they photomatch? or they just authenticate? Also i have contacted Dan so i will see what he has to say. I wish i could get acess to more Getty images!

Tory - Can you PM me your email... I tried to send you a PM but it says you cant accept them.

For sure! sent