Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Re: Hack Wilson Bat on Panini Card

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    These card companies are making big bucks by chopping up index and pro issued bats. Then they hide behind small print, and mislead their customers. "Game Used Hack Wilson Bat" could simply mean a bat with Hack Wilson on the barrel, was used in a game by some player. That's much different than, "Bat Used by Hack Wilson".

That's why I think the debate about cutting up artifacts is overrated. The card companies are cutting up $500 index bats, not $8000 game used bats. They are in the game to make money, so they'll spend as little as possible on "artifacts" and leave it up to the lawyers for the description.

Don't get me wrong, I know there have been some great pieces destroyed by these companies, but I think its the exeption rather than the rule. If they were cutting up "GU 10" bats, then they would advertize the fact, and provide images beforehand. This would assure the customer base that they were getting a part of history.
    I know I've seen a thousand different game used jersey patch cards of current players that contain a piece of nameplate. Only problem is...the piece of patch is large enough to clearly discern what letter it came from...and the player's name does not even contain that letter.

If they're faking easily obtainable game used items of current players, then...

I think all game used cards should be like this

But these new cards are like this i dont even know what piece this is from and it doesnt mention it being worn by sheffield himself

And this is what it says on the back "relic" but what is it jersey pants hat?????

That card is cool - thanks for sharing!

That memorabilia piece is a swatch cut from the waistband of pants.
    - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

FYI....Brad is an awsome guy and is happy to talk cards with anyone through either the boards, livecasebreak or twitter. Also he is right in the entire conversation execpt of course in that as we know, anyone can ask 4x the value for whatever they want (although they will still own the item forever)

Nap Lajoie
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

What ashame with that lajoie. I think the number is 312483 which was a pro model decal from 1911-17 graded A7.

What a cool Willie Stargell bat. Let me just look up exactly what MEARS thought of it in the database... oh, wait. Forget it.
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Here's one of the Cobb's they tried to pass off as a gamer. C28 on the knob is way after Cobb retired
    Matt

Why is the wear and tear on the barrel sticker usually somewhere near the serial number? Are they deliberately scratched off?