Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

What Year? Portland Beavers Jersey

Saw this one on eBay. What year did Portland wear these? Regular or Batting Practice? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Re: What Year? Portland Beavers Jersey

I asked the seller what year when he listed it the first time a while back and he thought it was from 2004.

Tim Redding wore 44 during a rehab stint in 2005

Quote Originally Posted by ATigerFan View Post
    I asked the seller what year when he listed it the first time a while back and he thought it was from 2004.

Tim Redding wore 44 during a rehab stint in 2005
    Thanks for the info. I only found one undated photo of this style.

Anyone else?
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

The linked auction has a scan of Alex Fernandez's 2004 Beavers card in which he's wearing the same style jersey. Can't see if the number style matches the eBay jersey though; his glove & arm are obscuring the right side of his body. Probably an early alternate or BP jersey for the team; Fernandez had stints with the Beavers from 2002-2004, so photo on the card could be from a season prior to '04.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Portlan...item589d289f48

I bought one of those years back and the person who sold it to me said they were not worn for very long because they were "shrunk" terribly in the wash and didn't fit right after that. Since it's the minor leagues, sounds kooky enough to be true. I can't remember what year he said it was from, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPDX View Post
    The linked auction has a scan of Alex Fernandez's 2004 Beavers card in which he's wearing the same style jersey. Can't see if the number style matches the eBay jersey though; his glove & arm are obscuring the right side of his body. Probably an early alternate or BP jersey for the team; Fernandez had stints with the Beavers from 2002-2004, so photo on the card could be from a season prior to '04.
    Appreciate the link. Photo on the card helps narrow down years.

Quote Originally Posted by topekabob View Post
    I bought one of those years back and the person who sold it to me said they were not worn for very long because they were "shrunk" terribly in the wash and didn't fit right after that. Since it's the minor leagues, sounds kooky enough to be true. I can't remember what year he said it was from, though.
    You're right about the minor leagues and the kookyness. The explanation is probably not far from the truth.

Thanks.
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com