Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Atlanta Falcons early 1990's Russell Athletic Jerseys

Help - I have a game worn black Atlanta Falcons jersey from the early 1990's. The jersey has the Russell Athletic logo above the Falcons logo on each sleeve. I am attempting to photo match and the only game I can find appears to be Falcons versus Cardinals from 1992. Can anyone with extensive knowledge of Falcons jerseys help me identify the actual year that the Russell logo would appear on each sleeve above the Falcons logo?

I have attached the pic that I mentioned above.

Thanks!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Atlanta Falcons early 1990's Russell Athletic Jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by cjackson35 View Post
    Help - I have a game worn black Atlanta Falcons jersey from the early 1990's. The jersey has the Russell Athletic logo above the Falcons logo on each sleeve. I am attempting to photo match and the only game I can find appears to be Falcons versus Cardinals from 1992. Can anyone with extensive knowledge of Falcons jerseys help me identify the actual year that the Russell logo would appear on each sleeve above the Falcons logo?

I have attached the pic that I mentioned above.

Thanks!!
    I trolled through Getty and found numerous images of the sleeve arrangement you cite in 1993 photos. 1994 and 1995 had the R in front of the top of the number. Also, 1994 would have the 75th Anniversary NFL patch. I saw one 1995 photo (road jersey) with the R above the number, but that was a lone exception.

Mark Hayne's expertise on Falcons gamers is more advanced than mine. I hope he sees this and offers his own findings on this question.

Dave Miedema

Re: Atlanta Falcons early 1990's Russell Athletic Jerseys

Wait for Mark Hayne...he will tell u EVERYTHING u need to know about your jersey!

Re: Atlanta Falcons early 1990's Russell Athletic Jerseys

Please post photos of the jersey (front, back, both sleeves, and the tags) and I might be able to assist.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net