Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Sabo Bat

Chris Sabo Bat

There is a bat on ebay... I have read numerous bad comments on Elite Sports. I have looked for game used items for Chris Sabo, and coming up empty handed. Anyone provide any feedback on this bat. If it is actually something he would have used. I have tried to do some research, and I am coming up with very little. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am ready to throw money at a chance of it being legit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chris-Sabo-g...item35c5ac7e16

Re: Chris Sabo Bat

Not too long ago, I got to have about a 15-20 minute conversation with Mr. Sabo. I told him I had a game used bat of his in my collection of bats from the 1990 Reds team, he immediately told me not to believe it was used by him. He went on to say he "only used c243s". That said, I would take that with a slight grain of salt because who knows how many bats he went through in his career?
    While tying this I did a search and looky what I found:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

From what I gather, he seems to be one of those guys that almost always denies that an item was his or game used.
    - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

Quote Originally Posted by rdeversole View Post
    From what I gather, he seems to be one of those guys that almost always denies that an item was his or game used.
    Yeah, that's the impression I got. When I mentioned it, he was very quick to tell me not to believe my bat was his.

Banned

Cool Re: Chris Sabo Bat

The bat sold for $69.95 + S&H.

Dave Miedema

Yes I bought it last night on the premise of it COULD be real. I did not want to miss out on the chance. Thanks for the comments on this bat, and Chris. He was a childhood favorite.

Contrary to Spud's comment about his use of model C243 H&B bats, per the impossible-to-find reference book "America's Bat," Sabo's most frequently ordered H&B model was a 34-inch, 32-ounce model I13.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

rdeversole

I am guessing you are the gentleman I picked up the Hannigan bat, and Arrendondo hat from last week. Thanks!

Thought I would add a bit of info on Chris Sabo's bats. You all know he did a short tour of duty with the Cardinals in 1995. He was released from a guaranteed contract with the White Sox and signed as a free agent with StL for $109,000 on 8 June 1995. On 11 September 1995 he was released. During that time he appeared in five games, 13AB, 2 hits, one a double and a total of three RBI's. The bat pictured below is one of his StL bats, a W215 LS, no uniform numbers on the barrel or knob. He wore #18 with StL as his usual #17 had been retired by StL in 1974. This bat shows considerable use with several ball marks/grain seperation on the barrel. I have no idea how many "Cardinal" bats he had or if he actually used this bat in a game. You can just add a W215 to your list of Chris Sabo bats.
    BTW this bat is NFS.

woodbat
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo90 View Post
    rdeversole

I am guessing you are the gentleman I picked up the Hannigan bat, and Arrendondo hat from last week. Thanks!
    That's me. Thanks for a smooth transaction. Glad you are happy with your purchases!
    - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics