Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coletrain98
    • Nov 2012

Re: Everything Cap Related

i have 6 hats (not vintage but still game used) from the 2012 seattle mariners spring training (at the last game they all threw their hats into the stands.) i caught dustin ackley, brandon league, tom wilhelmsen, casper wells, george sherrell and mike brumley. i might be able to get pictures up later

Comment

• Tallyman77
      • Mar 2009

Thanks Coletrain.......would love to see those pics if possible. Hey, does anyone know how many teams actually wore Annco brand MLB caps years ago? The answer is not zero. Chime in if you can contribute any info. concerning Annco caps. Thanks!

-Walt

Tallyman77

Comment

• sox83cubs84
        Banned
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Tallyman77
        Thanks Coletrain.......would love to see those pics if possible. Hey, does anyone know how many teams actually wore Annco brand MLB caps years ago? The answer is not zero. Chime in if you can contribute any info. concerning Annco caps. Thanks!

-Walt

Tallyman77
        In the early 1980s, a friend of mine was given a cap by the late Tug McGraw (Phillies). It was made by Annco.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• Tallyman77
          • Mar 2009

How many different cap sizes have you seen for........1.) Robin Yount...........2.) Pete Rose............3.) Eddie Murray. Would be interesting to find out. Thanks everybody.

-Walt

Tallyman77

Comment

• sox83cubs84
            Banned
            • Apr 2009

Walt:

I've owned two Indians caps of Eddie Murray, one as a player, one as a coach. Both were 7 1/2.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• Tallyman77
              • Mar 2009

Thanks Dave.......for Pete Rose I have seen size 7 1/8 and 7 1/4........for Robin Yount size 6 7/8, 7 and 7 1/8, and for Eddie Murray size 7 3/8 and 7 1/2.

-Walt

Tallyman77

Comment

• tacprc
                • Apr 2008

I agree that 7 1/8 and 7 1/4 are right for Rose. I have seen mostly 7 1/8 from 1963-78 with the Reds, and mostly 7 1/4 from 1979-83 with the Phillies when his hair was especially bushy.

Comment

• Tallyman77
                  • Mar 2009

Thanks Tacprc for sharing that, especially for the timeline on the sizes. I once saw a 1968-1969 Pete Rose cap for sale in size 7 and I turned it down thinking it was too small for him. But then again, caps can actually be stretched to make them a size bigger by simply hooking it over the top of your shoe and pulling until you hear it pop. An equipment manager told me this was a common practice for players to do in order to increase the cap size by 1/8 and sometimes even 1/4. This puts a whole new light on matching cap sizes with players.

-Walt

Tallyman77

Comment

• mueschoeir
                    • Jul 2013

Does anybody have any McAuliffe hats that feature the rectangular tag (see image) that was in use in the mid 50s?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...