Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

SD Padres game used home plate?

Hi I was wondering peoples opinions on if these was indeed a San Diego Padres game used home plate or? It is signed by Ryan Klesko . It was given to me by someone who worked for the Padres. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Trevor
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Re: SD Padres game used home plate?

To me it doesn't look like it.

I just figure it has all the correct markings and why have klesko sign a used random plate. In kleskos early years on the padres they were playing at Qualcomm stadium and it was constantly rotated for the chargers,padres,and aztecs so I assume they would have used a plate like this that was easy to place and remove. Thanks for your input.
    Trevor

Game used home plates have a black outline and are 3-4 inches thick and are around 25 pounds. I own home plate used at Comerica Park for the entire 2009 season, it is massive. I would assume it was used as a ceremonial 1st pitch so it could be given away to person throwing out the pitch or maybe for some sort of charity softball game during the off season.

looks like it was unscrewed from the black base and since they shared the field with the chargers is would make sense it would be easy to remove. i dont know in psa authenticates home plates but i think that would be the best way to find out.

not game used...............

Thanks for all the feedback so far! Definitely some great input. Im just stuck on why have him sign a used plate of it wasn't related to the padres. Again thanks for all the input
    Trevor

There are various possibilities, and it's unfortunate the guy who gave it to you didn't say. Maybe it was used in a bullpen? The Texas Rangers, through an outsourced group at their stadium, were selling the home plate used the first three months of the season for about $5,000. So it's hard to imagine someone giving you a game-used home plate. But it probably had some kind of use by the club.